Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:06:56 am

Author Topic: HOW DID EVERYONE GO ON NUMERICAL PLEASE BE 100% HONEST  (Read 4759 times)  Share 

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
HOW DID EVERYONE GO ON NUMERICAL PLEASE BE 100% HONEST
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:00:46 am »
I KNOWFOR A FACT THAT NO ONE HERE CAME CLOSE TO 30-35 QUESTIONS ON NUMERICAL, NO MATTER HOW FRIEKEN SMART U ARE

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
Re: HOW DID EVERYONE GO ON NUMERICAL PLEASE BE 100% HONEST
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 11:12:00 am »
I KNOWFOR A FACT THAT NO ONE HERE CAME CLOSE TO 30-35 QUESTIONS ON NUMERICAL, NO MATTER HOW FRIEKEN SMART U ARE
Numerical was hard but math was harder
:(

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 11:40:16 am »
Numerical was hard but math was harder
:(

Look, u probably did better than me on the test overall, but maths wasn’t anything unexpected. If u went to Henderson’s or James an, u could easily do the parabola Questions. The first 20 shouldn’t even take 10 mins. Maths was do-able and straight forward, numerical was the clear winner in level of difficulty, even question 1 on numerical was hard (I guessed it)

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 03:51:38 pm »
Look, u probably did better than me on the test overall, but maths wasn’t anything unexpected. If u went to Henderson’s or James an, u could easily do the parabola Questions. The first 20 shouldn’t even take 10 mins. Maths was do-able and straight forward, numerical was the clear winner in level of difficulty, even question 1 on numerical was hard (I guessed it)
i see where you’re coming from, but math was actually unexpected for me because I haven’t done much work on parabolas and algebra (lol) numerical was easier for me bc even though the worded questions took a while they were pretty straight forward (by a while i mean i long while so i had to guess a couple). Numerical may have just taken longer to do but honestly the patterns were really easy ngl.

also do you know when results come out bc apparently my friend received them today

Mod edit: Merged double post
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:12:26 pm by Bri MT »

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 04:14:59 pm »

don’t worry because not doing well in numerical is wayyy better than if u didn’t do well for the rest.

I think I did around 30-35 in numerical but HOWEVER,  I felt so tired when I’m doing math and only did like 10-15, then I think I guessed the rest. For verbal, I had a mental breakdown and only sure about getting 15-20 right. For reading I struggled a lot with two similar answers and guessed between them(without any guess I did like 20); and for writing, I probably wrote one of the worst piece out of 3600 people since I expected to be an argumentative piece and also had a mental breakdown at the same time(rip me).

So my result is probably be like this:

Verbal: average or high ave
Numerical: above average or superior
Writing: low ave or ave
Reading: high ave or above ave
Math: below ave, low ave or if I’m lucky enough to get an ave

These can be even worse for me lol. I studied 6 hours a day for the last month and had some anxious issues 2 weeks before the test(didn’t really sleep for that two weeks because of the test stress). But after all of these, I’m probably going to receive a rejection letter(which I don’t really mind now).

U guys shouldn’t worry too much like seriously, coz I did the worst for the rest of the exam. And now I’m glad that I’m not stressing out or been anxious anymore and I started studying for the jmss exam next year. The experience of failure will provide you lot of opportunities to take and gain more luck in the future, even tho u didn’t make it this time(which I highly doubt about).

Sorry if these doesn’t make any sense coz I just want to be helpful :)

welp I’m procrastinating rn

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 04:23:18 pm »
i see where you’re coming from, but math was actually unexpected for me because I haven’t done much work on parabolas and algebra (lol) numerical was easier for me bc even though the worded questions took a while they were pretty straight forward (by a while i mean i long while so i had to guess a couple). Numerical may have just taken longer to do but honestly the patterns were really easy ngl.

also do you know when results come out bc apparently my friend received them today

Wait is it for the selective school ones?? Or for jmss

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 04:39:02 pm »
Wait is it for the selective school ones?? Or for jmss
year 9 selective entry :)

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 04:44:07 pm »

i’m sorry false alarm they don’t come out today

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 01:59:47 am »
don’t worry because not doing well in numerical is wayyy better than if u didn’t do well for the rest.

I think I did around 30-35 in numerical but HOWEVER,  I felt so tired when I’m doing math and only did like 10-15, then I think I guessed the rest. For verbal, I had a mental breakdown and only sure about getting 15-20 right. For reading I struggled a lot with two similar answers and guessed between them(without any guess I did like 20); and for writing, I probably wrote one of the worst piece out of 3600 people since I expected to be an argumentative piece and also had a mental breakdown at the same time(rip me).

These can be even worse for me lol. I studied 6 hours a day for the last month and had some anxious issues 2 weeks before the test(didn’t really sleep for that two weeks because of the test stress). But after all of these, I’m probably going to receive a rejection letter(which I don’t really mind now).

U guys shouldn’t worry too much like seriously, coz I did the worst for the rest of the exam. And now I’m glad that I’m not stressing out or been anxious anymore and I started studying for the jmss exam next year. The experience of failure will provide you lot of opportunities to take and gain more luck in the future, even tho u didn’t make it this time(which I highly doubt about).

It’s okay, a person next to me wasnt even writing in paragraphs, and I heard many people didn’t even finish writing. I’d much rather fail maths then numerical, because for maths everyone stuffs it up, even though I finished the maths, I stuffed numerical, which many people found easy.

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 08:23:28 pm »
Numerical was easy, I think I would probably work out 90% of these. Just need a bit thinking to figure out the rhythm.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 11:23:17 am »
Numerical was easy, I think I would probably work out 90% of these. Just need a bit thinking to figure out the rhythm.

Are u talking about the jmss exam or mhs exam?

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 02:55:36 pm »
Are u talking about the jmss exam or mhs exam?
Of course JMSS. What is MHS? McRobinson?
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 09:36:10 am »
Of course JMSS. What is MHS? McRobinson?

No mhs is Melbourne high school

Our numerical reasoning was hard af

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 09:38:02 am »

BUT MATHS WAS DO ABLE. If you can do bloody 35 questions for numerical, maths should be a piece of cake

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 12:39:30 pm »
BUT MATHS WAS DO ABLE. If you can do bloody 35 questions for numerical, maths should be a piece of cake

Be honest that I actually practiced math A LOT MORE than any the other tests(like I my mum explain complex math stuffs to me since she’s really good at it); but after I done numerical better than I expect, my brain just somehow goes off and I can’t even think or figure out any math questions. All I can remember that day for math is like there’s literally no questions that I had done before(expect for a few); and I’m shocked and mentally died during that test so I didn’t really do anything but just sit there and guess(how dumb).

I did the Hendersons’ math and didn’t do so well on that(I still did okay tho), so I studied every single questions on that test and did a lot questions similar to that and thought I would do well on the actual test. But nah, I just somehow lost the energy of thinking during math and gets more anxious when I saw people around me done a lot but I’m just being slow and can’t figure out anything.

For numerical, I didn’t do any deep meaning questions(even though some of them are short but still have a big hole in it), so I went and did the ones that seems not aim to trick you.(most of them are not on the first page and it’s not short as well, but the content of the question can be simple). Number patterns are not that hard for me as I can normally figure out within 30-40 seconds. There’s a lot times that I know there’s only two answers are similar to what the questions’ talking about; and sometimes I also didn’t really figure out the answer but there’s only one possible answer so I chose that and moved on. So in my opinion, strategy of the test are the most important thing for numerical(I think it’s better than prepare a lot of knowledge); unlike math, I don’t have to know too much content and stress out during the test lol.

And btw, DON’T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT NUMERICAL because there’s like around 80 kids in my school did the test, and most of them said that numerical are the hardest. Many of them only did like 10-15 questions and guessed the rest(just like how i did for math lol), so I really think that you should be fine(ur probably going to get a high or above average for numerical I assume). And because u did extremely well in math and reading(definitely two superiors) plus u also did writing very well(above average -superior ); as long as you don’t get a low or below average for verbal, you’re definitely going to get in! I doubt that you will get anything below high average for verbal.

I heard that we’re getting our result on the night of the 7th so let’s wait as it’s only 4 more days till that day :)