Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 11, 2026, 05:33:20 am

Author Topic: transferring to a different uni for medicine?  (Read 1136 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rirerire

  • MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • **
  • Posts: 85
  • Respect: +13
transferring to a different uni for medicine?
« on: September 14, 2020, 05:06:40 pm »
0
I think I'm gonna apply to the CSU/WSU (Orange campus) medicine course... I'll be honest though as someone who comes from a rural town I do not want to be spending another 5 yrs in another rural area w only like 30 kids in the cohort (yeah defeats the purpose of applying for such a rurally focussed course haha). If I got in, would there be any possibility of me switching to the WSU campus in Parramatta let's say, or another university's MD/MBBS course? (I have no clue how transfers work... any insight would be helpful!)
thanks!

Sine

  • Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *****
  • Posts: 5132
  • Respect: +2103
Re: transferring to a different uni for medicine?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 05:23:09 pm »
+4
I think I'm gonna apply to the CSU/WSU (Orange campus) medicine course... I'll be honest though as someone who comes from a rural town I do not want to be spending another 5 yrs in another rural area w only like 30 kids in the cohort (yeah defeats the purpose of applying for such a rurally focussed course haha). If I got in, would there be any possibility of me switching to the WSU campus in Parramatta let's say, or another university's MD/MBBS course? (I have no clue how transfers work... any insight would be helpful!)
thanks!
I can't comment much on CSU/WSU since I don't know much about those universities but elsewhere I believe transfers are from not possible outside of "extraordinary circumstances". I think even if you are in one of those situations students sometimes need to repeat a year.