Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 18, 2024, 05:45:45 am

Author Topic: Course Requirements  (Read 667 times)  Share 

xiuuli

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Course Requirements
« on: September 20, 2020, 08:16:25 pm »
Hey all,
So I've been stressing recently about my English marks and I was wondering whether or not I will still be considered for a course even if I don't meet the English requirement of 25ss?
I'm aming to get into an engineering course at Unimelb.
Is it a given that I won't get into the course if I don't get a 25 even if I theoretically :p get a 50 in methods and chemistry?

Thanks, only a month and a bit to go until exams!!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Course Requirements
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 08:25:46 pm »
+2
Hey all,
So I've been stressing recently about my English marks and I was wondering whether or not I will still be considered for a course even if I don't meet the English requirement of 25ss?
I'm aming to get into an engineering course at Unimelb.
Is it a given that I won't get into the course if I don't get a 25 even if I theoretically :p get a 50 in methods and chemistry?

Thanks, only a month and a bit to go until exams!!
Pre-requisites are typically set in stone so theoretically if someone gets 50's in all their other subjects it doesn't matter.

However, at times you do have a chance to redeem yourself and establish your proficiency in a certain subject via bridging courses during the summer.

At the moment you still have time so you still have a good chance of working to get above 25.

xiuuli

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Course Requirements
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:41:39 pm »
Pre-requisites are typically set in stone so theoretically if someone gets 50's in all their other subjects it doesn't matter.

However, at times you do have a chance to redeem yourself and establish your proficiency in a certain subject via bridging courses during the summer.

At the moment you still have time so you still have a good chance of working to get above 25.

Thanks for the reply and extra motivation to do well haha