Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 07:16:16 pm

Author Topic: Diploma of music trouble  (Read 779 times)  Share 

Markos

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Diploma of music trouble
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:36:05 pm »
Back when I accepted my offer into engineering at Melbourne Uni I was told I just needed to hand in the application to admin and they'll sort out my subjects. So after enrolling I took the application to engineering to do this diploma of music so that they can approve it. They told me it would take a few days since the course advice manager who approves this stuff was away on holidays. She rang about two days later to tell me they had a problem with first year students overloading which is what would happened if I did the diploma alongside engineering and said she'd keep me posted when she gets a reply from the uni about whether I can overload or not.

After not hearing from uni for a week and a half I went in personally and spoke to the admin at the front desk of whom I got nothing from other than the "we can't do anything until we hear from the uni (I still really dont get who they're asking)". Today I got a call and it turns out the course advisor I spoke to a while back has been on service leave. The acting course advisor who I spoke to today tells me she's unsure whether I can do it or not.. as expected.. and to call back in 2 weeks. I went ahead and phoned one of the engineering staff I had spoken to earlier in teh year and who had said that engineering will be able to sort out my subjects to fit in this diploma. She said she's speak to admin about it.

Now I'm at the point where I don't know what to do.. Should I keep hassling them or does it sound like a lost cause and that there's no way I can do it? I've been trying to figure out who engineering actually have to ask to get this approved but all I find are people who have to ask someone else before they give me an answer.

I dunno  :-\ I mean even the UoM site says I can do it with Bachelor of Science of which the first year is the same as the first year Bachelor of Engineering (as I believe....)

EDIT: Btw, they told me I'm not the only one who has applied for the diploma from engineering, they say there's another 2 applications waiting to be approved.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:42:43 pm by Markos »

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
Re: Diploma of music trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 11:01:37 pm »
Keep hassling them!

I had a course variation that was rejected but then was accepted after enough nagging. That said, I'm probably not going to act on the variation ;D
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator