Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 08:42:18 pm

Author Topic: Macquarie law  (Read 7430 times)  Share 

AzureBlue

Re: Macquarie law
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 09:17:28 pm »
How many parts of the IAA exams are there altogether? 3?

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 09:21:51 pm »
Yup, part three takes a minimun of one year to do. Shortest time you can get fully accredited in is 5 years

AzureBlue

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:25:41 pm »
Yup, part three takes a minimun of one year to do. Shortest time you can get fully accredited in is 5 years
How do you do part III? Study for it yourself? We can't get exemptions for that do we (don't we all just love exemptions)?

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »
lol, yea thats correct. You have to study for it by youself. You do it when you're working already so i suppose there's help around if you need it.

I wonder if you could just study by youself completely can just pass all three parts by youself in like three years...............

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 10:59:23 pm »
http://studyat.anu.edu.au/programs/4443XBACTS;overview.html
see also
http://studyat.anu.edu.au/programs/3401XBACTS;overview.html
It doesn't exempt you from part II unless you do honours... Though few people do honours in Actuarial.
Residential colleges vary: $160-300 self-catered, $250-300 catered.
Wow, that's so cheap! I was expecting more like $500 catered. But it sucks how you don't get exempted for doing a double degree at ANU :(
I'm thinking Melbourne for single degree and hopefully honours year or Macquarie for double degree. Hmm
? Just because you do a double degree doesn't mean you can't do honours as well. It just adds an extra year to your degree. It's exactly the same as at Macquarie and at UMelb - the only way you can be exempt from part II in any of those is to do honours.
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 12:11:50 am »
hmmmm yea tru, but at melb it's only one year longer, and you come out with a JD. However, it means you don't get a straigh place, you have to wait till after ur bachelor. However, that also mean you get time to decide if you reli do wanna do law or just act stud.

There's not just two sides to the decision, there's like hundreds.......so hard to decide:(

AzureBlue

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »
see also
It doesn't exempt you from part II unless you do honours... Though few people do honours in Actuarial.
Wow, that's so cheap! I was expecting more like $500 catered. But it sucks how you don't get exempted for doing a double degree at ANU :(
I'm thinking Melbourne for single degree and hopefully honours year or Macquarie for double degree. Hmm
? Just because you do a double degree doesn't mean you can't do honours as well. It just adds an extra year to your degree. It's exactly the same as at Macquarie and at UMelb - the only way you can be exempt from part II in any of those is to do honours.
Yeah, but Macquarie is the only uni in Australia where you can get exemption from Part II without honours, by doing a double degree instead.

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 03:36:17 pm »
see also
Yeah, but Macquarie is the only uni in Australia where you can get exemption from Part II without honours, by doing a double degree instead.
... and it takes 6 years, which is the same as doing a double degree then honours at ANU.
Doesn't only take a year to do Part II outside of uni anyway?
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.

AzureBlue

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 05:05:18 pm »
see also
... and it takes 6 years, which is the same as doing a double degree then honours at ANU.
Doesn't only take a year to do Part II outside of uni anyway?
I have no idea. For a double degree that is not law in Macquarie, it only takes 4 years, and with an extra honours year, 5 years. I'm pretty much going to stay in Melb Uni though... just more convenient, and I can try and do an apprenticeship/cadetship with Deloitte, PwC, or E&Y at the same time :)

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 05:48:01 pm »
^exactly the same for me. Thinking about it, two year isn't that big of an ask seeing as we're probs gonna be doing it for a long time to come anyway. I'm planning to do a diploma of music anyway, and melbourne is the ony place i can do that during my bachelor and not add and extra year but the biggest factor is convinience. I reli don't wanna have to think about this anymore. I wanna do act stud, i wanna do it at melbs. All this constant reconciddering is just wasting my time i should be useing to get into these uni in the first place.

AzureBlue

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 09:25:11 pm »
LOL okay, I'll probably go with Melb too. :) Good luck with the rest of your VCE, you look set for 99.95 :D Did great in 2009.
You have exactly the same subjects as me but I have biology, and maybe physics on top.

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »
pfft, i WISH for 99.95. I like maths but thats it. I can bear chem and throughly dislike english:( Unfortunately eng has a great bearing on ur atar:(

But yea. going right now and doing some hardcore uni maths:) omg......complex numbers=AMAZINGGGGGG

AzureBlue

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 09:29:15 am »
pfft, i WISH for 99.95. I like maths but thats it. I can bear chem and throughly dislike english:( Unfortunately eng has a great bearing on ur atar:( But yea. going right now and doing some hardcore uni maths:) omg......complex numbers=AMAZINGGGGGG
Sounds like you do really dream of maths now :) Lol
What made you choose english over english language? I have the same dilemma but I am leaning towards english language because it is more analytical, textbook stuff. I'm in english extension right now, and we are, however, doing more an analysis of the ideas that texts bring etc... which would be more relevant to english.
Which theme are you doing: Encountering Conflict, Identity and Belonging, Whose Reality, or the Imaginative Landscape?

tram

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »
1) Thread has gone reli off topic

2)yea....maths is awesome, not sure if i'm at the dreaming stage yet tho............ doing vectors now in umep. Almost as good as complex numbers

3) I just didn't chose eng lang as a 1/2. Now i'm kinda regretting it. My opinion of eng varies a lot. I reli hate lang analysis, text can be ok, bit i actually don't mind doing is context. i'm doing identity and belonging, tbh, context can be pretty interesting, you get to think a lot. And as long as it's not creative writing i'm fine with context........however, our next eng sac is a crative piece for context:(