Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 12:58:16 pm

Author Topic: The pros and cons of VCE English  (Read 41748 times)  Share 

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
VCE English
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 03:01:37 pm »
Quote from: "Khangfu"
Doesn't matter. Site is still better then BoS anyway.

Well yeah, there's that :P

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
VCE English
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 03:04:59 pm »

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
VCE English
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 03:06:39 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm going to be buying a fully integrated CMS with forum, chatrooms etc. and hopefully a place that already has upload functionality that I can modify to make our notes engine. :)

joshuamorgan

VCE English
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 03:29:34 pm »
/me likes vBulletin. Also, it's very easy to migrate from phpBB to vBulletin - I've done it in the past ;)

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
VCE English
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 03:30:58 pm »
mmm but vBulletin doesn't have other integrated functions like I'm going to need. Trust me, I'll find us something awesome. :)

joshuamorgan

VCE English
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 04:02:04 pm »
LOL, fingers crossed it's not Joomla/Mambo - whilst it has integrated CMS/Forum, the forum component doesn't rival phpBB, vBulletin, punBB, etc.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
VCE English
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 04:02:47 pm »
I said I'm BUYING it, I.E. it will be top of the range. BETTER than phpBB. :P

Sheikh05

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
VCE English
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 07:42:16 pm »
My teacher has a boner over Ahmad. He is biased in his moderating. Ahmad beat me in the first sac of the year by one mark. I wrote a ripper of a Hamlet essay and received a 30/30. Ahmad got 28 which went to 29 which went to 30. He beat me semester one.

This semester we were on equal ground until the last sac. He got full marks and I was jibbed once again by one mark. I mean wtf. Ahmad acknowledges that I'm better than him. The school keeps hating on me. I needed to be ranked first in something. Why did I have to do all the same subjects at that SOB  :P

Odette

VCE English
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 07:09:44 pm »
Quote from: "Sheikh05"
My teacher has a boner over Ahmad. He is biased in his moderating. Ahmad beat me in the first sac of the year by one mark. I wrote a ripper of a Hamlet essay and received a 30/30. Ahmad got 28 which went to 29 which went to 30. He beat me semester one.

This semester we were on equal ground until the last sac. He got full marks and I was jibbed once again by one mark. I mean wtf. Ahmad acknowledges that I'm better than him. The school keeps hating on me. I needed to be ranked first in something. Why did I have to do all the same subjects at that SOB  :P

Lol funny ...

Im in a similar position in bus.man, but thanks to unit 4 SACs I was able to beat the guy i was in competition with haha... but the teacher just loves him :( never pleased with me  :cry:
She thinks that I think bus.man is an insult to my intelligence and sometimes i get a little cocky with my answers... im like whatever miss lol

Khangfu

VCE English
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 08:25:25 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

Lol funny ...

Im in a similar position in bus.man, but thanks to unit 4 SACs I was able to beat the guy i was in competition with haha... but the teacher just loves him :( never pleased with me  :cry:
She thinks that I think bus.man is an insult to my intelligence and sometimes i get a little cocky with my answers... im like whatever miss lol

Rofl Happens 2 me too after i got my midyear results. Teachers thought i got more cocky and disrespectful. Thing is i was ALWAYS disrespectful at the lazy teachers who think they are good and look down on thier dodgy marking and stupid policies :P.

Odette

VCE English
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 08:46:22 pm »
Quote from: "Khangfu"
Quote from: "Odette"

Lol funny ...

Rofl Happens 2 me too after i got my midyear results. Teachers thought i got more cocky and disrespectful. Thing is i was ALWAYS disrespectful at the lazy teachers who think they are good and look down on thier dodgy marking and stupid policies :P.

Thats why my english teacher hates me, im always telling her off about how lazy she is and im always questioning her marks and comments lol ...

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
VCE English
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 08:49:27 pm »

err... OKAY..
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
VCE English
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 08:53:30 pm »
Quote from: "Ahmad"

err... OKAY..

haha i lol'd

Sheikh05

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
VCE English
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 09:40:28 pm »
Good God =O

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
VCE English
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 09:42:47 pm »
It's ok, I concede you're better than me at English  :cry:
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.