Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 05:10:28 pm

Author Topic: Applying for VTAC  (Read 10998 times)  Share 

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
Re: Applying for VTAC
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 05:57:45 pm »
easy but it took a while. spent about an hour on my prefs. no doubt they will change around in order over9000 times before the 20th of dec

How did you do the prefs. I don't know what to do. So far the only thing i've done is register.

go to course selection in myInfo

Reminds me, now i have to apply for scholarships!

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 06:23:47 pm »
K so its open.. what do I do?

inb4 gloamglozer

you just got to the vtac website and its pretty self-explainatory with the stuff you need to do.
there's also a demo application+how to if you want to check out on their website.

Yeah that.  Just go to the website and follow the on-screen instructions.  It shouldn't cause too many dramas, just a little tedious and depending on how many sections you need to fill out and what type of applicant you are, it could take around 30-45 minutes to complete.

Everyone should be applying for scholarship right (even though the chances may be low)?

Yes, apply for a scholarship even if you think you're going to fail VCE because if you end up getting 99.95 and didn't apply, you will kick yourself.

I has applied yay. Hopefully I didn't stuff anything up lulz.

Hopefully this is the last time I'll ever apply through VTAC ^^;

What sorta shit did you put in your Pi form? I've still gotta fill in the last section

okkkkk maybe I haven't finished applying then ><

EDIT: I don't think I need it...?

EDIT2: Shit, maybe I do. Fuck.

I don't think UoM requires a Pi form.  I know a lot of Monash courses do, but UoM, they just go with your academic record unless if you are a mature age or going in using the non-school leaver pathway.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 06:29:56 pm »
just applied for uac wewww, didn't take that long.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 06:31:36 pm »

Oh yeah interstate unis.  You can't just do it through VTAC.  VTAC is only for Victoria (hence the "v").

It must be the biggest pain, having to go through all the different although similar systems.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 06:36:41 pm »

Oh yeah interstate unis.  You can't just do it through VTAC.  VTAC is only for Victoria (hence the "v").

It must be the biggest pain, having to go through all the different although similar systems.

haha it's going to be annoying as i now have to do vtac, qtac and satac.
but that wasn't too bad, since it was fun going through the courses to add to uac even if i'm not going there (like adding physio@usyd and arts/science@unsw :0 ).. i just want more offers ok.:|
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »
lol I should just apply for the courses at the group of 8 unis for the sake of it... JUST realised it costs money. 24 dollars. F that.

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »
lol I should just apply for the courses at the group of 8 unis for the sake of it... JUST realised it costs money. 24 dollars. F that.

How about $38 for non-year 12s?  Seriously, does it cost that much to dig up our ENTERs and study scores from the system?

stonecold

• Victorian
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +255
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 11:29:12 pm »
WTF is a Pi form?????

edit: ima take a guess and say that pi=personal interests....so wrong! :p
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:36:48 pm by stonecold »
2011-13: BBiomed (Microbiology & Immunology Major) @ UniMelb

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39
ATAR: 99.85

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

andy456

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 10:11:54 am »
I have a question about applying:
For this question; did you complete a senior secondary study in a year other than 2010??

It doesnt mean like a VCE subject yeah??
VCE 2010: Eng 42 | Legal 49 | Chem 37 | MM 34 | Indo SL 33 |
ATAR: 97.45

2011: Bachelor of Arts Monash University
2012: Bachelor of Commerce?? Please!!

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 11:02:27 am »
For this question; did you complete a senior secondary study in a year other than 2010??

yeah it does.
just asking if you've done a 3/4
-someone can clarify though

appianway

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 12:14:32 pm »
I thought it didn't mean that seeing as all of the data was already sent to VTAC from VCAA...

andy456

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 12:16:39 pm »
So should I tick Yes or No??

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 12:22:54 pm »
I assumed it meant did I do a 3/4 before and I got an offer just fine

andy456

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 12:25:01 pm »
I assumed it meant did I do a 3/4 before and I got an offer just fine
Ok so I'm gunna tick yes, thank you

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:28 pm »

Yes.  So just say you're VCE is like this:

1.  VCE Graduate 2010
2.  Completed a VCE Unit 3+4 subject in 2009
3.  Completed a VCE Unit 3+4 subject in 2008

Then you will need to tick the box and say that you did complete VCE studies prior to 2010 and it will ask you about which country you completed that study, which school etc.  And you will also have to do it twice - one for 2009 and one for 2008.

The reason why they do that is because it helps VTAC confirm that you have done subjects prior to your VCE graduation so that when they collate all your results, it'll just make it easier.

I cannot confirm this so do not take my word for it but I have heard that if you don't tick the box and then VTAC won't count your previous studies.  But I don't see how it would work.  Still better to be safe than sorry.

WTF is a Pi form?????

edit: ima take a guess and say that pi=personal interests....so wrong! :p

The Pi form is the Personal information form and it is mainly used for non-year 12s because non-year 12s may have done something interesting since they left school and that might enhance selection so VTAC wants to give them all possible chances.  While most VTAC courses do not require year 12s to complete the form it is best to look through the extra requirements and make sure that it isn't listed as a requirement for current year 12s.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:47:16 pm by Gloamglozer »