Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 24, 2024, 05:08:56 am

Poll

Overall, have you loved or hated year 12?

Love
Hate
Undecided

Author Topic: Love or hate?  (Read 4891 times)  Share 

absurdlittlebird

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Love or hate?
« on: August 30, 2010, 05:10:49 pm »
Compared to the past twelve years of schooling, how has your final year experience shaped up?
Have you loved this year? Or has it failed to meet your expectations?
Imagine if we all SCRATCHED OUR EXAMS... they'd have nothing to mark, they wouldn't be able to rank us.
We'd have defeated the system.

That's revolutionary.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
Re: Love or hate?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:19:23 pm »
I finished a while ago, but I loved year 12. Better than uni in a lot of ways.

sgeorge

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:20:47 pm »
I love my school, supportive teachers and everything else that has come with year 12, except the pressure of this year being the final year.

2009-2010: VET Multimedia | Methods CAS | English | Legal Sudies | National Politics | Accounting | VET IT

2011-2013: BBIS at Monash - IBL Stream

Semester 1: Principles of Accounting & Finance | Computer Programming | Business Information Analysis | Intro. to Business Information Systems

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »
infinitely better than all years after grade 5. Radical downhill slope from then onwards. 2010 has been a good year to me though.

busterBluth

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:21:50 pm »
HATE IT! cannot wait to get away from the uniforms, the dictatorship that is the school administration, shitty and uninspiring teachers, the immature freaks of nature i call my peers and wait im sure im forgetting something, oh yeah, the unbelievable, depression-rendering, cause of my premature aging, sleep depriving amount of STRESS and PRESSURE brought on by exams, UMAT, parents, future aspirations and most of all my own expectations.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:16:38 pm by busterBluth »
Biology[45], Chemistry[34], Methods[32], Psychology[48], Literature[43], International Studies[36]
2010 ATAR: 98.00
2011: ?

Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most ~Dwight Schrute

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 07:26:25 pm »
HATE IT! cannot wait to get away from the uniforms, the dictatorship that is the school administration, shitty and uninspiring teachers, the immature freaks of nature i call my peers and wait im sure im forgetting something, oh yeah, the unbelievable, depression-rendering, cause of my premature aging, sleep depriving amount of STRESS and PRESSURE brought on by exams, UMAT, parents, future aspirations and most of all my own expectations.

does that make me a pessimist or a realist?

haha agree with basically all of that. Year 10 was the best year for me. I've got the worst teachers for year 12 it's probably the worst lot I've ever had in my entire schooling life.
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

It makes you a pampered bitch. If year 12 was the hardest thing ive ever had to go through then I would have had a cushy life. I think when you go through some REAL shit in your life you learn to be resilient and for me this has made VCE a walk in the park basically.

schmalex

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »

most of this, except that I'm not that stressed and not doing the UMAT. I've liked this year, but haven't really enjoyed school. I like that I get a lot of free periods and freedom and I don't mind the work, but I don't like school much at all. It's just not an environment I feel very comfortable in.
2009- National Politics (43) Methods (38)
2010- Economics (50) English (44) Literature (38) Introductory Microeconomcis (86) Introductory Macroeconomics (75)
ATAR:98.95

Offering Economics tutoring
http://vce.atarnotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,35848.0.html

hawks08

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 09:37:37 pm »
hated in a way because you actually have to do work but otherwise it has been better, a lot of dickheads have left which is good and classes are generally better behaved

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 09:39:16 pm »

+++++++++++++1
except for the only thing i love this year is my social life, but school, oh my eff it's the absolute worst. i've felt so trapped in all this stress recently that it's difficult to do much.

It makes you a pampered bitch. If year 12 was the hardest thing ive ever had to go through then I would have had a cushy life. I think when you go through some REAL shit in your life you learn to be resilient and for me this has made VCE a walk in the park basically.
It's not that VCE is 'omg so hard', it's just so long and tiring, and none of us have experienced working hard like this since as early as january without a break with so much pressure as it COUNTS all of it.. blah blah there are ways around it but still, most of us want to do well and show that all our years of schooling meant something, and want to get somewhere.
i have taken quite a few 'breaks' though as people have suggested, or whatever, but they have just felt like wasting time and being stressed during them, and so it's hardly felt like a break.
yes there are harder things in life, but they aren't like this, this long, mentally draining 'school'. they are different.

2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

Mr Edwards

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
love it or hate it
remember this, what doesn't kill you (but almost does :P) can only make u stronger!

matt123

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Strive.
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 10:22:07 pm »
im so sick of school now
honestly
i get home at 4
study till 10
 go to sleep
wake up
go to skool
.. repeats

then i get my marks
B .. B+
its really shattering
cant wait for year to end . .. UNI TIME
2009 : Physical Education
2010  ATAR : 91.45 , Bio , Chem , Methods , Psychology , English
Completed VCE at the age of 16.
2011 : Bachelor of pharmacy
2012 : Hopefully med? " crosses fingers"

Mr Edwards

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 10:30:07 pm »
how do you study?

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 10:33:30 pm »
im so sick of school now
honestly
i get home at 4
study till 10
 go to sleep
wake up
go to skool
.. repeats

then i get my marks
B .. B+
its really shattering
cant wait for year to end . .. UNI TIME

your amazing!
you will do so well at uni with your organisation if you can manage that, i'm jealous:)
I want to do this !! I will try and be like you - inspirational. but probably won't start till holidays..
how do you not get tired? i lose concentration too quickly:(
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

absurdlittlebird

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 10:50:53 pm »
Hmm.. mixed emotions guys?
For me, it's more a case of how I feel each day.
At the core I feel year twelve is pointless; at a vce level I've come to decide our education system isn't conducive to learning. I spent most of this year walking around going 'I hate year twelve, I hate year twelve, I hate year twelve' but you have to make the best of a bad situation I suppose. It took me seven months to come to that conclusion. So now I'm just trying to have a blast, and make the most of the next six weeks.

how do you study?
depends. i do history revs by correspondence which is a pain and a half. i generally do one of two things depending on my mood.

a) -finish school at 3. go grab some food. start studying at 3.30. leave school 5.30-6.. get home. eat dinner. relax. start studying at 7.30. work til 11ish.

b) get home at 4. walk til 5. study til 6.30. dinner. relax. work from 8-11.30

you guys?
Imagine if we all SCRATCHED OUR EXAMS... they'd have nothing to mark, they wouldn't be able to rank us.
We'd have defeated the system.

That's revolutionary.