Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 09:32:51 am

Author Topic: Complete 2010 VCAA Exam + Suggested Solutions  (Read 13008 times)  Share 

flash36

Re: Complete 2010 VCAA Exam + Suggested Solutions
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 09:38:22 pm »
Multiple choice:
question 2 is C 100%
question 4 is C: your answer is incorrect. the LIP is not due to an increased ability to clear lactate. it is due to H ion ACCUMULATION
Everything else is spot on.

Surely the LACTATE inflection point is to do with lactate.

coolrunnings

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 09:39:49 pm »
Question 2 for multiple choice is D, there would defiantly be an increase in body temp as any form of energy creates heat, you cant have power with no heat and increase use of lactate has high H+ ions associated. Dont know what you are thinking. The questions asked post race. Did i miss something? The answer should be C I am almost 100%

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:40:15 pm »
Yes I definitely think your reasoning is somewhat valid for 8b, especially for day two. But there is also the idea that the most demanding exercises should be completed first. But yeah I am not sure on this one as I said in the report, if enough people think otherwise then I suppose we have some sort of an answer :)

It would seem silly to do the most demanding first, because then you would be messed up for the rest of the day and hence would not be as accurate, rather doing the easier events first (ones using PC) can have adequate recovery, so all the events are without consequences (such as H+ ions) from others. hmm interested to see what others did then..?

Yep that definitely sounds reasonable. The other side of that is that running events means the fatigue products are most likely to accumulate in the legs so they won't affect the upper body events as much. Hmm, on second thoughts, why not just look it up on the net right now? Okay, yep, you are correct :) Disregard that answer :)

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 09:42:02 pm »
Yes I definitely think your reasoning is somewhat valid for 8b, especially for day two. But there is also the idea that the most demanding exercises should be completed first. But yeah I am not sure on this one as I said in the report, if enough people think otherwise then I suppose we have some sort of an answer :)

It would seem silly to do the most demanding first, because then you would be messed up for the rest of the day and hence would not be as accurate, rather doing the easier events first (ones using PC) can have adequate recovery, so all the events are without consequences (such as H+ ions) from others. hmm interested to see what others did then..?

Yep that definitely sounds reasonable. The other side of that is that running events means the fatigue products are most likely to accumulate in the legs so they won't affect the upper body events as much. Hmm, on second thoughts, why not just look it up on the net right now? Okay, yep, you are correct :) Disregard that answer :)

Haha okay cool :)
Thanks again for this, it's really helpful!

Hopefully i lost less than 10 marks >< already know about 3 marks gone argh, just hoping i worded everything else right.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

coolrunnings

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 09:42:40 pm »
questions 8 is for sure D . You would use hardly any fats at this intensity at 1500m, lets not forget how fast these guys actually run!!!

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »
Multiple choice:
question 2 is C 100%
question 4 is C: your answer is incorrect. the LIP is not due to an increased ability to clear lactate. it is due to H ion ACCUMULATION

2 is A 99% (because you can always be wrong) sure. Blood lactate will decrease at the end of exercise because the lactic acid system has decreased its output.

4 is C because LIP is about the balance between lactate clearance from the blood and lactate production.

jsher098

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 09:44:04 pm »
With question 2 on multiple choice, I said decrease in muscle glycogen stores and increase in blood lactate, why is that wrong?

By the way, thanks for the upload! :)
Well I did the same as you, and I'm 110% sure we are correct. Why would A be correct- IMMEDIATELY following an event H+ ions do not decrease... they take up to 2 hours to be removed... so hence it cannot be A

coolrunnings

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:33 pm »
Yes got all MC right, except 1

jsher098

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 09:46:29 pm »
Multiple choice:
question 2 is C 100%

No 2 is C. Lactate levels do not decrease IMMEDIATELY following an event... they require an active recovery which is not immediate and instantaneous- C is clearly the correct response- clarified with teacher who is a p.e assessor.

2 is A 99% (because you can always be wrong) sure. Blood lactate will decrease at the end of exercise because the lactic acid system has decreased its output.

4 is C because LIP is about the balance between lactate clearance from the blood and lactate production.

coolrunnings

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:18 pm »
Questions 4 is B 100%

Vadnal

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »
I also got the same MC !
2009: IT Applications
2010: Chemistry | Literature | Methods (CAS) | Physical Education | Health and Human Development
ATAR required: 86, ATAR aim: 90+

flash36

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:12 pm »
Multiple choice:
question 2 is C 100%

4 asks about an "increase", I took that to mean a delayed LIP; an athlete with a delayed LIP can clear lactate better. But I could be wrong! :)

jsher098

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:48 pm »
wait sorry... for question 4 the answer is B! You are correct- but for question 2 is has to be C

jsher098

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:06 pm »
Questions 4 is B 100%
yes sorry I agree. But question 2 is C. Because following 1500m muscle glycogen stores will be depleted and H+ ions will accumulate

coolrunnings

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:25 pm »
for sure question 2 is C
Question 2 for multiple choice is C, there would defiantly be an increase in body temp as any form of energy creates heat, you cant have power with no heat and increase use of lactate has high H+ ions associated. Dont know what you are thinking. The questions asked post race. Did i miss something? The answer should be C I am almost 100%

Lex got that wrong pretty sure