Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 28, 2024, 06:29:09 pm

Author Topic: So how was it?  (Read 29222 times)  Share 

JL_91

Re: So how was it?
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2008, 10:21:13 pm »
that one with the circles and the arrows looked too hard to i just guessed without reading the questions

wrote about two pages for each writing task, so bad, i'll probably get like 12 for them

Yeah I was talking about that question in an earlier post...it was the most annoying thing ever! I gave up on the last 2 questions about that information and guessed them, but I happened to guess one of them right lol. I wrote about 2.5 pages for each writing task. Don't worry, it's about quality more than quantity :) Last year I wrote about the same amount, and ended up with a score of 45 for written communication, so it's nothing major if you don't write that much!

RD

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2008, 10:38:44 pm »
wrote about two pages for each writing task, so bad, i'll probably get like 12 for them
I wrote like one and a half.

ell

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2008, 11:43:46 pm »
That series of questions about the electronic game with the 'paint' and everything annoyed the HELL out of me. I ended up guessing two of them because I gave up. Otherwise, it wasn't that bad...I was very happy with both my written pieces. But that paint question really made me want to tear up the booklet right there and then :P

That and the postcode questions were actually quite fun to do  :D

costargh

« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2008, 11:52:54 pm »

what did you get for that one

yeah, I put D - Jason came first.

I thought this was just about the easiet question =S
I read it and did it in about 20 seconds =)
Jason 1st
The other girl
The other boy
Bethany last

clinton_09

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2008, 01:39:05 pm »

what did you get for that one

yeah, I put D - Jason came first.

I thought this was just about the easiet question =S
I read it and did it in about 20 seconds =)
Jason 1st
The other girl
The other boy
Bethany last

Im terrible at those i had to read over that one a lot of times i probably spent more than 5 minutes on it and i still got it wrong lol

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2008, 11:01:35 pm »
The GAT was so much fun! For the diamonds writing task, I was such a journalist, saying weird phrases like 'and as we navigate towards Ghana' and so on.

Then for the heroes piece, I said something really crazy about the fact that heroes are only human, and can't always achieve the expectations placed on them. I said something along the lines of 'lets pretend your mother is your hero. Now, hypothetically picture this situation. She must drive, no, to be more adventurous, fly, to a burning building, located 200 miles from your nearest shopping complex, in 3 minutes, all whilst trying to miraculously obtain a hose to put out the fire, and on top of that, rescue 20 different accountants from their cubicles... It is just not possible'.

Lol, I miss the GAT already!

ell

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2008, 11:28:24 pm »
Im terrible at those i had to read over that one a lot of times i probably spent more than 5 minutes on it and i still got it wrong lol

Yeah, those types of problems can be pretty challenging, but it's actually quite easy if you take it step by step. For that question, if you consider each of the four false statements one at a time and arranging the names in some sort of ladder as you go, the problem solves itself :)

costargh

« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2008, 11:52:39 pm »
I

Yeah, those types of problems can be pretty challenging, but it's actually quite easy if you take it step by step. For that question, if you consider each of the four false statements one at a time and arranging the names in some sort of ladder as you go, the problem solves itself :)

I approached it like this:
Read first false information and wrote what I could about the 2 people (ther possible positions)
Read 2nd false info... if any of this could narrow down the position of 1-4 for the first 2 people i wood cross out the non-possibilities etc

sam2703

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2008, 06:25:33 pm »
gat was fun, way easier than last year i reckon!