Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

September 28, 2026, 06:00:57 pm

Author Topic: Monash Parkville guys  (Read 14536 times)  Share 

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toothpaste

  • pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1648
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Re: Monash Parkille guys
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 12:05:43 am »
0
haha do u mean elizabbeth yuriev???? she was a real b****.. 3rd year timetable is it really betta in what way haha just curious.

Yep her! Physicochem. Damn she's angry. After a while you pick up her accent too lol. She makes great lecture notes though.

Only one 8:30am in 3rd. :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:07:15 am by Toothpaste »

ninwa

  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 8267
  • Respect: +1021
Re: Monash Parkille guys
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:17 pm »
0
Why was this thread deleted? It could be useful to other members.
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Toothpaste

  • pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1648
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »
0
Why was this thread deleted? It could be useful to other members.
Exactly right - and it stops other people asking the same questions next year.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:14:13 pm by Toothpaste »

kenhung123

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3373
  • Respect: +7
Re: Monash Parkille guys
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 05:58:19 pm »
0
When was it deleted?
Q:There are 4 prac manuals/guideline booklets, are those something we go through in class or its something that you must read in your own time and expected to know before pracs?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:02:00 pm by kenhung123 »

Toothpaste

  • pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1648
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 06:24:19 pm »
0
When was it deleted?
Q:There are 4 prac manuals/guideline booklets, are those something we go through in class or its something that you must read in your own time and expected to know before pracs?

Either deleted by you or a mod.

They should/will explain this to you this week. Read the corresponding practical to see whether there are pre-lab questions. If so, obviously do them. If you read what the prac's on before going in you can speed things up a little.

For PHS there should sometimes be a "before attending the session..." as a header. It pretty much clearly explains what you have to do. If you want, attempt the exercises. We usually finished it before so we could leave early. No one wants to stay back. With the prescriptions, I usually pre-filled in everything at the back (handwritten batch and pres. records) - and sometimes looked up the drug to see what it's for (don't do this until you're sick of doing the records since you have to know the process for the exam). Keep your PHS book neat with notes so it's good to go for your practical exams (in both 1st and 2nd year).

I think physicochem or organic chem had online pre-labs you have to do on Blackboard before the prac. All I remember from physiology is the exercise practical and the rat dissection. That should require not much preparation at all.

But seriously, just read the manual - it should tell you straightforward what you have to do.
Also, 3 hours pracs are nothing. In second year you get certain 6 hours ones (oh god they were painful).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:26:00 pm by Toothpaste »

kenhung123

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3373
  • Respect: +7
Re: Monash Parkille guys
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »
0
Hmm that's strange, I didn't delete it as I got so many questions to ask lol

God I hate Brim, he basically told us to get everything including the modelling kit far out!

It was funny how 2 assignment topics were filled 10 minutes after the lecture while the lecturer was like "Please try to choose a topic before next week or the week after" like she needed to worry LOL

Are the books your recommend required for whole year or just semester 1?
I have a tutorial in Manning/Library, is it a formal tutorial where I need to do the questions and stuff?

Thanks a lot toothpaste, you've been very helpful :D

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:12:12 pm by kenhung123 »

Toothpaste

  • pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1648
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »
0
Hmm that's strange, I didn't delete it as I got so many questions to ask lol

God I hate Brim, he basically told us to get everything including the modelling kit far out!

It was funny how 2 assignment topics were filled 10 minutes after the lecture while the lecturer was like "Please try to choose a topic before next week or the week after" like she needed to worry LOL

Are the books your recommend required for whole year or just semester 1?
I have a tutorial in Manning/Library, is it a formal tutorial where I need to do the questions and stuff?

Thanks a lot toothpaste, you've been very helpful :D

How can you hate Brim. You're lucky you have him instead of Chung. We had Chung and couldn't understand anything.

Yeah the topics ... everyone goes for the easy ones. If it's the same assignment I think I had Hepatitis A, B and C as a topic. You'll also get your oral presentation topic soon - if they still have that. Easy marks. My topic was headaches for that. Best topic is erectile dysfunction.

Ignore the modelling kit. Just ignore it.

Those books are for the whole year I guess. You should check them against your booklist. No, that Library tute is just to help you around the database. You don't do much besides click around.

kenhung123

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3373
  • Respect: +7
Re: Monash Parkille guys
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 02:13:29 pm »
0
Do you think it is possible to borrow all the books you suggested are good from the library each time I need it or that is way too annoying? I really don't know how often I need it.

And if there is a newer edition than on the booklist of a book that I want to buy, is it a bad idea? (I was thinking maybe they would change edition next year and older edition cannot be sold?)

Btw, whats DD and DDD?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:57:07 pm by kenhung123 »

Toothpaste

  • pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1648
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »
0
Do you think it is possible to borrow all the books you suggested are good from the library each time I need it or that is way too annoying? I really don't know how often I need it.

And if there is a newer edition than on the booklist of a book that I want to buy, is it a bad idea? (I was thinking maybe they would change edition next year and older edition cannot be sold?)

Btw, whats DD and DDD?

With them books, some have restricted borrowing times (some are 2 hours) because they're in demand. More of them are overnight loans I think. To me that's annoying because I'm personally not at uni all the time. It depends if you're there a lot - if you are, it's manageable. You can also return them at Monash Clayton/Caulfield/Peninsula/Gippy etc.

Come exam time, you might not be able to score a copy ... gets hectic.

If there's a newer edition, get the newer one if you're buying it new.

They're some unit names made into acronyms. Drug Delivery ... Drug Delivery and Disposition. I currently do DDDD (Drug delivery, disposition and dynamics) haha.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:06:35 pm by Toothpaste »

kenhung123

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3373
  • Respect: +7
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 12:34:01 pm »
0
Ok after knowing more about the books at the library, I don't think I would want to borrow everything lol!
Is the AMH recommended to be new and latest edition by 1st year or as normal old editions are ok?
The APF 1 edition older is great because the website lists all the changes so we don't miss out on anything much I think

Toothpaste

  • pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1648
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »
0
Ok after knowing more about the books at the library, I don't think I would want to borrow everything lol!
Is the AMH recommended to be new and latest edition by 1st year or as normal old editions are ok?
The APF 1 edition older is great because the website lists all the changes so we don't miss out on anything much I think

AMH old editions are fine for uni. You only need up-to-date ones in the workplace (by policy). Same goes with the APF, which doesn't change that much anyway.

I've uploaded the APF21 PDF here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgi5ofoshyg2ru8/APF21.pdf

kenhung123

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3373
  • Respect: +7
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 05:17:09 pm »
0
toothpaste, your amazingly awesome :D

mystikal

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 814
  • Respect: +5
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 08:39:18 pm »
0
Do you think it is possible to borrow all the books you suggested are good from the library each time I need it or that is way too annoying? I really don't know how often I need it.

And if there is a newer edition than on the booklist of a book that I want to buy, is it a bad idea? (I was thinking maybe they would change edition next year and older edition cannot be sold?)

Btw, whats DD and DDD?

With them books, some have restricted borrowing times (some are 2 hours) because they're in demand. More of them are overnight loans I think. To me that's annoying because I'm personally not at uni all the time. It depends if you're there a lot - if you are, it's manageable. You can also return them at Monash Clayton/Caulfield/Peninsula/Gippy etc.

Come exam time, you might not be able to score a copy ... gets hectic.

If there's a newer edition, get the newer one if you're buying it new.

They're some unit names made into acronyms. Drug Delivery ... Drug Delivery and Disposition. I currently do DDDD (Drug delivery, disposition and dynamics) haha.

speaking of acronyms PHS does not equal pharmacy health and society... PHS = pretty hard s*** =P

kenhung123

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 3373
  • Respect: +7
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 04:28:55 pm »
0
Toothpaste, can we get away with using just the PDF of APF? Can you tell me what we use it for anyway? (If we even use it often in 1st year)

mystikal

  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • ****
  • Posts: 814
  • Respect: +5
Re: Monash Parkville guys
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 06:33:01 pm »
0
u use it pretty often in PHS classes... to make stuff in pracs (basically the apf is ur cook book) and to answer prac questions and u definately need it for the prac exam....

ive seen ppl use the ebook version of it... but i rkn its not as fast as flicking thru the book itself....plus its more convenient in a prac session coz u wudnt need to bring ur laptop