Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 01:40:03 am

Author Topic: Where to study law  (Read 18419 times)  Share 

appianway

Re: Where to study law
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 10:50:12 am »
Not quite actually :P Although I'm not the best person to talk about the nightclubs...

ben92

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 02:21:21 pm »
Canberra... nightclubs.
nightclubs = a bunch of guys standing around listening to an ipod on shuffle, right?

I haven't clubbed in Melbourne before, but Melburnians here haven't been complaining about the clubs as far as I know.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 03:40:24 pm »
Part time work is easy to come by here, and it pays quite well - you could make in excess of 100 bucks per week if you studied law.

I don't know if you mean good for a law student or good because you're a law student but I make more than that and my degree isn't that prestigious.

appianway

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 06:07:31 pm »
Oh, it's not because you're a law student per se - it's just that law has very few contact hours, so it'd be very easy to pick up work during the week (so finding a job shouldn't be a hassle at all). On the other hand, science students here (and probably at most universities) have hectic schedules, so it's hard to find a job on weekdays, which limits employment prospects.

Hellhole

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 09:28:23 am »
Are you going to do a postgraduate after your Law degree?

ben92

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 12:22:41 am »
Appianway doesn't do Law.

I do, and I'd say most don't do postgraduate. Law in a combined degree (almost everyone does it combined) takes five years. Anything on top of that could mean you're at uni for almost a decade. I might do honours for French because I *think* (having done 0 research at all) it only takes a year extra.