Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 08:53:39 pm

Author Topic: legal vs. biz man  (Read 2680 times)  Share 

vwinnie8

legal vs. biz man
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:43 pm »
for those who have done both (like me), which one do you find harder to get good marks in? :)

flash36

Re: legal vs. biz man
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:42:15 pm »
Pretty similar from my experience. Although given my SAC marks in each subject and the SS I got, I'd say you can afford to lose more marks on SACs in Business Management than in Legal Studies.

vwinnie8

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:45:39 pm »
Pretty similar from my experience. Although given my SAC marks in each subject and the SS I got, I'd say you can afford to lose more marks on SACs in Business Management than in Legal Studies.

thanks mate :) yeah i lost quite alot of marks in biz man..

flash36

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »
Yeah me too. Well, in comparison to Legal Studies I lost alot more, and you can see the difference in my SS.

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »
I personally find Legal easier/more interesting than BM as it can be applied to real life much better. It's not as 'rote-learnt' as BM, which I like too.

burbs

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Fuck da police - Aristotle
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »
Still don't understand what people mean by rote learning bm. What are you having to rote learn?

As for which is more difficult, legal is practically like a BM just more difficult.... and about the legal system. The study methods are the same.

flash36

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:16:28 pm »
I personally find Legal easier/more interesting than BM as it can be applied to real life much better. It's not as 'rote-learnt' as BM, which I like too.

I would have to say the complete opposite werdna! Legals is pure rote in my opinion, and has very little real-life application. Business Management on the other hand is one of few VCE subjects which you can apply it's content in real-life. And I wouldn't recommend too much rote learning in Bus Man anyway.

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:21:01 pm »
Still don't understand what people mean by rote learning bm. What are you having to rote learn?

Yeah... I agree, that's why I put in as 'rote-learnt'. :P I actually don't rote learn either of the BM or legal stuff, but try to understand it by questioning what I've read (in my mind) and using this whiteboard I have at my desk. I've never done anything like rehearsing definitions or rewriting notes 5 times or anything like that, so yeah I have to agree with you, it's not rote learing but understanding it that's what counts!

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:23:19 pm »

I would have to say the complete opposite werdna! Legals is pure rote in my opinion, and has very little real-life application. Business Management on the other hand is one of few VCE subjects which you can apply it's content in real-life. And I wouldn't recommend too much rote learning in Bus Man anyway.

What...?! Hahaha I haven't rote learnt ANYTHING from legal.. I think it does have real life applications to it, things like reasons for changes in the law can relate back to how society is in real life and also some common sense. To be honest, I haven't found BM to be of much usefulness in terms of real life stuff, except maybe some of the stakeholder/shareholder concepts which we are a part of I guess.

flash36

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:24:53 pm »

What...?! Hahaha I haven't rote learnt ANYTHING from legal.. I think it does have real life applications to it, things like reasons for changes in the law can relate back to how society is in real life and also some common sense. To be honest, I haven't found BM to be of much usefulness in terms of real life stuff, except maybe some of the stakeholder/shareholder concepts which we are a part of I guess.

Agree to disagree! ;)

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »
Hahhahaa yeah, legal is very fact-based, as my teacher says. But you don't have to rote learn it! :P Can you give examples of how you rote learned legal and what you rote learned?

burbs

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Fuck da police - Aristotle
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »
Only thing I rote learn in legal are names of Acts so far. That's why I like these subjects.

flash36

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:35:10 pm »
Hahhahaa yeah, legal is very fact-based, as my teacher says. But you don't have to rote learn it! :P Can you give examples of how you rote learned legal and what you rote learned?

I rote-learnt the court hierachy; numerous times ;), I also rote-learnt the jurisdictions of VCAT lists, among other smaller things.

vwinnie8

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:36:16 pm »
I rkn both legal and biz man are similar but biz man stuff is more common sense (like, i pretty much bullshitted my way through most of the trial exams) and you can pull stuff out of your head and get a mark, but legal requires alot more studying and understanding. legal content is harder to me

flash36

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 10:37:21 pm »
I rkn both legal and biz man are similar but biz man stuff is more common sense (like, i pretty much bullshitted my way through most of the trial exams) and you can pull stuff out of your head and get a mark, but legal requires alot more studying and understanding. legal content is harder to me

You can definitely talk more shit in the Bus Man exam than the Legals exam.