Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 03, 2026, 08:57:27 pm

Author Topic: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)  (Read 8743 times)  Share 

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jane1234

  • Guest
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »
I screwed up badly on multiple choice... Lost at least 2 marks there. Probably 3.
God knows how bad I did on SA.
There goes any chance of a good chem study score... can only hope Bio will save me...
I HATE YOU VCAA.  :tickedoff:

Lols123

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 131
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »
2-3 marks on MC isnt that bad...

lilaznkev1n

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 327
  • illuminati
  • School: Haileybury College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 04:42:35 pm »
omg relatively easy besides that damn percentage gravimetric question.
Forgot what I did but got like 136 percent or something lol. Heard its actually thirty something percent.
:(
2010: Accounting [45], Legal Studies [42]
2011: Methods [38], English [41], Chem [37], Revolutions [44], Vietnamese [22]
ATAR: 97.45
2012-2014: B.Com @ Melb

luckii

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 15
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »
messed up question 4..my percentage wayyyy offf...
and MCQ's..don't even want to get there

eeps

  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • ******
  • Posts: 2532
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 04:51:23 pm »
In retrospect, I've lost a few marks on MC and quite a few on SA. MC was tricker than I first thought. I'd expect the A+ cut-off to be somewhere in-between 80-90%; mainly due to question 4a. I got 4a correct, but 4b wrong!

1317236

  • Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »
GOD DAMN THE MASS.. I PICKED THAT THEN I THOUGH AHH NO C-Cl IS BIGGER SO I PICKED RADIUS... FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU

cltf

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 411
  • You gotta be F***ing kidding.
  • School: Camberwell Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 05:26:17 pm »
We thought we were pro, then VCAA put us into place....
Camberwell Grammar School Class of 2011

ATAR: 98.65

2010: Chinese [33]
2011: English[44] Methods [41] Chemistry [42] Legal Studies [41] Viscom [48]
2012: Commerce/Law @ Monash University

iliketurtles

  • Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • *
  • Posts: 49
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 05:29:35 pm »
Ain't nothin' gonna break my break my stride,
nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no,
I've got to keep on movin'.
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride,
I'm never gonna walk such ground, oh no,
I've got to keep on movin'.

bar0029

  • Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • **
  • Posts: 165
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 05:30:40 pm »
Trevor is that you?
99.05

homosapiens

  • Guest
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:19 pm »
We thought we were pro, then VCAA put us into place....

Haha so true, I hate VCAA, they think they're soo good

BoredSatan

  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *****
  • Posts: 1206
  • <3
  • School: GWSC
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »
I think I got at least 5 MC wrong already..
Master of Dentistry, Latrobe University 2011 ATAR: 99.75
ATARnotes Accounting Unit 3&4 Study Guide Author

screwEXAMS

  • Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 06:46:30 pm »
Those two calculation questions... fml

heba

  • Guest
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 08:53:46 pm »
i
The exam, in general, was not too difficult. However, there were those "subtle" questions, which I think may have thrown a lot of people off.

E.g. In the IR spectrum, which factor influences the wavelength, associated with the bond?" (I forgot the actual question, but the options were something like "electronegative, atomic radus, atomic mass" etc.)

From what I have been told, the answer was "atomic mass."

its electronegativity

chemkid_23

  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ***
  • Posts: 318
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »
was it electronegativity or mass?
i said electronegativity, but most of the posts I've read today have said mass  :s

pi

  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • *******
  • Posts: 14348
  • Doctor.
Re: How did you all go in the Chem Midyear (June 2011)
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 08:58:07 pm »
Lol, lost 5 marks. MINIMUM. Very stupid mistakes that should have realized, but noo, had 30minute spare and got cocky. There goes my A+.

Probably same result here (although I finished with about 20mins). Probably lost most on MC, took me about 6 mins to get Q4 though, too much random info