Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 01:37:31 pm

Author Topic: perfectscore - please REMOVE that scam youtube channel  (Read 16776 times)  Share 

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Re: perfectscore - please REMOVE that scam youtube channel
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2008, 11:59:54 pm »
I was more-so referring to "cos you told me to?" - ninwa.
just to clear things up

I'd had lotsa sugar that night and barged into IRC offering free + karma to everyone. excal was one of several who accepted my generous offer :D hence around that time you'll see I +'d several people for no good reason :P
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 02:52:58 pm »
The means justify the ends.

you meant the end justifies the means.

unless, abuse of system justifies security? :P
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 03:09:14 pm »
The means justify the ends.

you meant the end justifies the means.

unless, abuse of system justifies security? :P

Shh. It was getting late :P
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »
Quote from: coblin
Karma is just what the users on FSN think of you. If you see a particularly useful or insightful post, you should click "[positive]" on their name, to reward them +1 to their Karma. If you see a useless, crappy, or annoying post, give the user a "[negative]" to change their Karma by -1.
http://vcenotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,816.msg13902.html#msg13902

I believe the karma system should be used to indicate whether or not a post was useful, therefore as a moderation tool. We should develop a policy, visible to everyone but enforced by moderators, to ensure that karma is used for that purpose (that is, the reason provided is specific to the post and not the person).

This never happened (to the best of my searching knowledge). I don't think its necessary top make a polcy, I think people should just use it for the right reasons and not harass people because of a suspicion of scamming.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

there should be a "sleeping" emoticon :P

cara.mel

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2008, 03:39:51 pm »
Costa, before you bag other people for abusing karma: Surely you remember that you and Odette gave each other positive ones nearly every day over a month?

Not that anyone can see it now, but if you look at his profile at this point in time, his karma has been changed 93 times and the table accounts for 70, deleted accounts don't show up. Now while it is possible that other deleted people karmad you, at least 20 of those come from Odette. So get off any moral high horse :P

costargh

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2008, 03:41:37 pm »
If you have a problem with Odette giving me karma then take it up with her (oh you can't lol)

Odette was one of the most helpful members ever on the history of this site

Maybe you'd also like to look at your own karma plus your bf's karma.

:)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:45:44 pm by costargh »

cara.mel

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 03:43:18 pm »
I don't, I'm just saying don't whinge that people abuse the karma system when you've personally participated in doing so.

Because modifying posts is cool: I have never said anything regarding my own opinion of the use of the karma system. I am just pointing out that you have abused it yourself yet are unhappy to see others do the same.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:48:56 pm by caramel »

costargh

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2008, 03:59:04 pm »
I don't, I'm just saying don't whinge that people abuse the karma system when you've personally participated in doing so.

Because modifying posts is cool: I have never said anything regarding my own opinion of the use of the karma system. I am just pointing out that you have abused it yourself yet are unhappy to see others do the same.

But I haven't abused the system. I + karma'd odette because her posts were good and she was helpful, to me personally and to other members. Just because it was as you say '20' or so doesn't mean its an abuse of the system. Also, your theory presumes that odette had never given me karma before that one month or after that one month so I highly doubt what your saying is true to the extent that you speak.

I use karma to identify good and bad posts. Excalibur has shown he doesn't. I hope your relationship doesn't blind your judgment.... that would be unfortunate.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2008, 04:03:01 pm »

But I haven't abused the system. I + karma'd odette because her posts were good and she was helpful, to me personally and to other members. Just because it was as you say '20' or so doesn't mean its an abuse of the system. Also, your theory presumes that odette had never given me karma before that one month or after that one month so I highly doubt what your saying is true to the extent that you speak.

I use karma to identify good and bad posts. Excalibur has shown he doesn't. I hope your relationship doesn't blind your judgment.... that would be unfortunate.

Ad hominem, lol.

I've said it twice now, and I'll say it again. I do respect the 'rules' (for want of a better word) of the karma system - except in two circumstances: a) when the person is acting in a fraudulent or criminal manner and subsequently deserves no protection of the rules of this forum and b) when I receive a revenge karma for a legitimately smited post (especially when thrown at any old post).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:04:35 pm by Excalibur »
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2008, 04:07:05 pm »
I can understand why people would use revenge karma, and half the time it can still be linked to a bad post because you are usually in an argument when you receive neg karma so you probably will report a post as bad because you don't agree with it. I have done this too as have most people.

But a) is stupid

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »
How is it stupid?

I've already given sufficient evidence, without counter-evidence, to say that he could be engaging in fraudulent misrepresentations.

The end justifies the means to protect the well-being of those on the forums - short of a complete ban.

I'm not sure if you've realised this or not, but scammers are the scum of the earth if you ask me - and they should be afforded no protections from a community such as ours.

Until evidence to the contrary is presented, I shall maintain my stance.
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2008, 04:19:18 pm »
How does increasing his/her negative karma "protect the well-being of those on these forums".
It essentially does nothing.
NOTHING

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2008, 04:20:44 pm »
I know I'd look at it if I were about to engage in a financial transaction with someone...especially if new to the forums (and not knowing the community / culture).
Former Global Moderator

costargh

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2008, 04:26:15 pm »
Yeh and I think the person involved in the financial transaction would have realised by now ( 8 times you have neg karma-ed him/her) that he or she MAY be dodgy.

Was 7 times not adequate? Maybe you should make it 10... maybe then and only then, the potential customer will realise the message you are trying to convey...