Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 11:24:24 pm

Author Topic: Yay for VU x3  (Read 42110 times)  Share 

nitrous1990

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Yay for VU x3
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2008, 09:10:19 am »
There is no point doing something for the rest of your life that you don't enjoy. Don't worry about your parents because you will be the one working, not them. Many people change professions in there life. It is good that you are realising that you might not want to do accounting now instead of say ten years from now. You have to do something that you are interested in. Have you applied to do fashion or design for next year?
|| 2007 ENTER: 81.60 || English, Mathematical Methods, Further Maths, Physics, Software Development ||

Odette.

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 10:06:58 am »
There is no point doing something for the rest of your life that you don't enjoy. Don't worry about your parents because you will be the one working, not them. Many people change professions in there life. It is good that you are realising that you might not want to do accounting now instead of say ten years from now. You have to do something that you are interested in. Have you applied to do fashion or design for next year?

True, but I just don't know where to start I mean, I would have wasted a whole year of university. I guess it's better than wasting 3 and a half years. Hmm I have some thinking to do, and no I haven't applied for fashion or design next year, I have to look into it. I just don't know which institute would be best... Melbourne School of Fashion perhaps? Hmm I'll have to take a look.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 10:43:06 am »

"I would have wasted a whole year of university."

That's what Nina said regarding the question of her doing Music; it doesn't matter, if  what you go on to do is what you really like, particularly if you had no passion for what you were doing. 

If you're really not sure, is there a Diploma in Fashion Design you can start off by doing?

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 12:16:23 pm »
lol, yeah, bubble speaks the truth.

Think of it this way. Would you rather waste just one year of university or decades of your life doing something you don't enjoy?

Plus, I wouldn't call it a waste because you gained something from it - the knowledge of what career paths aren't right for you.

*disclaimer: I am a hypocrite because I won't take my own advice*
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Odette.

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2008, 08:53:56 am »
Oh I really don't know, I was looking into it, and it seems like something I'd want to do on the side, I just wanted to be able to incorporate my creative side into my career, but I do love business, if anything I may just transfer from Accounting/Banking and Finance, to just Accounting... I'll just keep designing as a hobby of mine, I mean one day I'll live in a house of my own, I'll design it (well to be honest I've already built a few models and drawn up some plans for my house, lol). Thanks for the advice though Bubble and Nina. :) 

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2008, 10:24:37 am »
*disclaimer: I am a hypocrite because I won't take my own advice*

Aww... We still love you Ninwa. :)

mz_luvable_

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 04:38:18 pm »
VIC UNI HERE I COME xD

Odette.

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008, 04:39:22 pm »
VIC UNI HERE I COME xD

Yay! another VU student! which course are you doing? :D
Oh and of course "Welcome aboard" ^_^

mz_luvable_

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2008, 06:15:14 pm »
:D  accounting/ banking&finance or baking&finance or banking&finance/international trade, which ever one we will see jan

Odette.

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12:10 pm »
:D  accounting/ banking&finance or baking&finance or banking&finance/international trade, which ever one we will see jan

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! LOL the same course as me :P If you need help during the year just pm me or make a thread ;) (if you choose accounting/banking and finance)

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2008, 08:38:16 pm »
And don't forget me... Doing law at Vic uni! :D

Odette.

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2008, 11:25:37 am »

Yeah I know, but I don't know anything about law unfortunately, and we'll be at different campuses :P

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2008, 09:14:49 pm »

Yeah I know, but I don't know anything about law unfortunately, and we'll be at different campuses :P

Why don't they have law at Footscray? :(... It'd take ages for me to travel, though. :S... I will update everyone as to how it is. :)

nitrous1990

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2008, 07:46:29 am »

"baking&finance" lol
|| 2007 ENTER: 81.60 || English, Mathematical Methods, Further Maths, Physics, Software Development ||

Odette.

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2008, 09:30:20 am »

"baking&finance" lol

New course I think ;) :P