Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 02:45:10 pm

Author Topic: oh bugger.  (Read 5622 times)  Share 

Odette

oh bugger.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 06:20:04 pm »
Quote from: "joshuamorgan"
1 mark for defining ethics.
1 mark for defining social responsibility.
1 mark for social responsibility: positive.
1 mark for social responsibility: negative.
1 mark for ethics: positive.
1 mark for ethics: negative.

It's probably wishful thinking. :P

Oh haha :P but i think you weren't supposed to seperate them ;) (SR and Ethics I mean)

JamieV5N

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
oh bugger.
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 06:22:56 pm »
I believe it was more.. (it asked for two issues therefore)

1 mark for identifying the first issue
1 mark for positive
1 mark for negative

1 mark for the second issue
1 mark for positive
1 mark for negative

.... :) Heya all btw.. I thought I would join up.. I've been a member of BOS for a while, but find FSN so much better!

JamieV5N

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
oh bugger.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 06:27:01 pm »
Also, sorry for double posting... :P

I did ethical and social responsibility as one thing, not separate.

Therefore, I did protecting the environment... Environmentalists could rally the business, etc, 'influencing' them to change their policies and resources to suit the environment more.

And, I don't believe this one is right - just guessed since I couldn't think of another - is protecting animal rights / against animal cruelty.... Couldn't think of anything else, and was stuck on justifying this to a painting business, so said something about the brushes being made from animal hairs??? LOL! :P I was under pressure, alright! lol.

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
oh bugger.
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 06:28:13 pm »
Quote from: "JamieV5N"
I believe it was more.. (it asked for two issues therefore)

1 mark for identifying the first issue
1 mark for positive
1 mark for negative

1 mark for the second issue
1 mark for positive
1 mark for negative

.... :) Heya all btw.. I thought I would join up.. I've been a member of BOS for a while, but find FSN so much better!

that's what i thought as well- so huzzah, i at least got 2 marks.
i found that the BOS site is so slooooow.
seriously. lol
[♥]

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
oh bugger.
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 06:29:45 pm »
Also, sorry for double posting... :P

I did ethical and social responsibility as one thing, not separate.

Therefore, I did protecting the environment... Environmentalists could rally the business, etc, 'influencing' them to change their policies and resources to suit the environment more.

And, I don't believe this one is right - just guessed since I couldn't think of another - is protecting animal rights / against animal cruelty.... Couldn't think of anything else, and was stuck on justifying this to a painting business, so said something about the brushes being made from animal hairs??? LOL! :P I was under pressure, alright! lol.

LOL animal hairs!! that's freakin hilarious, the examiner better give you bonus points for thinking completely outside the box. that's just made my day
[♥]

JamieV5N

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
oh bugger.
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 06:32:09 pm »
LOL I know... :P

I had 'The Body Shop' on hand for my example for my change issue... but I never needed it... and I had about 5minutes to go... and just thought of protecting animals... :P And well, you try relating that to a painting business??? :P .... You think if I justified it, I should get the marks?

Odette

oh bugger.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 06:32:55 pm »
HAHA ANIMAL HAIRS :P !!

^_^

Odette

oh bugger.
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 06:34:04 pm »
LOL I know... :P

I had 'The Body Shop' on hand for my example for my change issue... but I never needed it... and I had about 5minutes to go... and just thought of protecting animals... :P And well, you try relating that to a painting business??? :P .... You think if I justified it, I should get the marks?

Not really because i think the oil and paint spills were one issue and the redundancies was the other issue.

JamieV5N

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
oh bugger.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 06:35:20 pm »
Ah ok.. Fair enough.... I just assumed that protecting the environment etc, is a social responsibility issue.. therefore, I don't see how thats wrong. We'll see soon enough.

I guess it was up to interpretation really... that was the only question that really made me think.

Odette

oh bugger.
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 06:36:11 pm »
Ah ok.. Fair enough.... I just assumed that protecting the environment etc, is a social responsibility issue.. therefore, I don't see how thats wrong. We'll see soon enough.

^_^ i guess you could be right too hehe

joshuamorgan

oh bugger.
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 06:52:23 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"
Quote from: "joshuamorgan"
1 mark for defining ethics.
1 mark for defining social responsibility.
1 mark for social responsibility: positive.
1 mark for social responsibility: negative.
1 mark for ethics: positive.
1 mark for ethics: negative.

It's probably wishful thinking. :P

Oh haha :P but i think you weren't supposed to seperate them ;) (SR and Ethics I mean)

Meh, I don't think it will matter too much in terms of marking, realistically. Because it's still provide a valid - hell perhaps an even more detailed answer.

I was a bit disappointed - I had such an awesome social responsibility practice up my sleeve - carbon offsetting (with CityLink as an example), but I couldn't use it :(

Odette

oh bugger.
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 06:58:24 pm »
I know barely any questions about change management... and i had mastered 2 change theories :cry:

Trigger_003

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
oh bugger.
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 08:14:18 pm »
I saw environment as being social responsibility, as it is an issue wider than the operations of the business. Ethics is more to do with conducting business in an acceptable way and relates to the redundancy aspect, rather than towards greater societal benefit. Or something... I'm tired and happy and on a high.
06: IPM (49)
'07: English Language, Software Development, Music (Solo Performance), Methods, Business

div123

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
oh bugger.
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 09:39:07 pm »
wat was the question? Im curious cos people at my school struggled with that question too.

Odette

oh bugger.
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »
I think it was something like identify and explain two positive and negatives aspects of two ethical and socially responsible issues faced by jerome jones..
Or something like that cant remember ..