Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 12:11:22 am

Author Topic: Are you left or right brained?  (Read 9422 times)  Share 

Odette

Are you left or right brained?
« on: November 18, 2007, 05:21:04 pm »
So are you left of right brained??
I myself am left brained... :D
Complete this test to find out :)
http://web.tickle.com/tests/brain

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 05:23:06 pm »
Right brained. Yay. I actually hate geometry and love algebra. Everything else is correct though, so it's quite right.

Tell me, Odette, what did you answer to:

26.    I would really like to have more success with women and dating and would be interested to learn about the "secret psychology" of attraction and specific techniques that guys who are successful with women use.
         Yes! I'd love to receive free information that teaches me how to be more successful with women from DoubleYourDating.com
         No thanks, I'm already successful with women and dating
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 05:33:54 pm »
Quote from: "kingmar"
Right brained. Yay. I actually hate geometry and love algebra. Everything else is correct though, so it's quite right.

ahha me too and this was my very first thought too hahahah. geometry? are you effing kidding aha

eta: bahahaha i got something about a hyundai car for that last question. i was like wtf ahaha

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »
Ahmad, you are Left-brained

Most left-brained people like you feel at ease in situations requiring verbal ability, attention to detail, and linear, analytical ability. Whether you know it or not, you are a much stronger written communicator than many, able to get your ideas across better than others.

It's also likely that you are methodical and efficient at many things that you do. You could also be good at math, particularly algebra, which is based on very strict rules that make sense to your logical mind.

mhm, might just be me.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

Jurples

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 05:36:44 pm »
I am balanced-brain! :D

That means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain, depending upon a given situation.

When you need to explain a complicated process to someone, or plan a detailed vacation, the left hemisphere of your brain, which is responsible for your ability to solve problems logically, might kick in. But if you were critiquing an art opening or coming up with an original way to file papers, the right side of your brain, which is responsible for noticing subtle details in things, might take over.

While many people have clearly dominant left- or right-brained tendencies, you are able to draw on skills from both hemispheres of your brain. This rare combination makes you a very creative and flexible thinker.

The down side to being balanced-brained is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways.

Odette

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 05:38:19 pm »
Quote from: "kingmar"

Tell me, Odette, what did you answer to:

26.    I would really like to have more success with women and dating and would be interested to learn about the "secret psychology" of attraction and specific techniques that guys who are successful with women use.
         Yes! I'd love to receive free information that teaches me how to be more successful with women from DoubleYourDating.com
         No thanks, I'm already successful with women and dating

Lol i didnt have that qn, i had something about a hyundai or whatever :P

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 05:38:22 pm »
hehe there's another way of finding out:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html?from=mostpop

With that, I'm initially right-brained, but if I concentrate I can make it go the other way - so maybe I'm both :P

According to Odette's test I'm right-brained hmmm

Nina, you are Right-brained

Most right-brained people like you are flexible in many realms of their lives. Whether picking up on the nuances of musical concerto, appreciating the subtle details in a work of art, or seeing the world from a different perspective, right-brained people are creative, imaginative, and attuned to their surroundings. (etc)

yay at the bolded bit :P
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 05:39:35 pm »
Quote from: "Ahmad"
You could also be good at math,

Understatement of the century :P
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Odette

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 05:41:48 pm »
Quote from: "ninwa"
Quote from: "Ahmad"
You could also be good at math,

Understatement of the century :P

Tell me about it eh lol :P

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 05:43:52 pm »
shit that dancer is funny haha. initially it was clockwise for me so right brain. but then i looked back and it was going anti clockwise.. so i closed the window opened again and it was back to clockwise. and then anti clockwise again haha.

am i just confused brain ahha?

eta; back to clockwise! wtf. mine keeps changing, and im not changing my concetration or trying to change it or anything.

just did it again, went anticlockwise for about half a second and changed to clockwise. i think im mostly clockwise so mostly right brain but this is weird ahha

ok so i just keep randomly changing between the two hahahaha with no differing concentration or anything. am i both?

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 05:45:29 pm »
Nina I was interested to see your result! I think for you it's very possible you're a capable left and right brainer, but because red-brained activities (music and such) are what you enjoy most you're more inclined to that!

I have added a poll to this thread, with permission of Odette.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

Odette

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 05:46:49 pm »
That other test proves that im definitely left-brained lol ... any other tests ? :P

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 05:49:06 pm »
I have a Balanced-brained lol.

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 05:50:46 pm »
No, definitely right-brained.

I can't comprehend how she can turn anti-clockwise???
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 05:52:22 pm »
I can't make that dancer chick turn anti-clockwise either LOL