Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 02, 2024, 12:36:11 pm

Author Topic: EPL 08/09 thread  (Read 24746 times)

Golfa

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: EPL 08/09 thread
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »
Golfa: thats really pushing it, they'd be lucky to get a top 10 finish. Sure they've won a couple of games but there still in relegation zone, and there form should dry up soon.

But I agree with you on Gerrard, lol. Biggest hippocrite.
This is pretty insightful :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVthv1RqHqo

Their out of the relegation zone at the moment and only 8 points from 5th with 26 games left! No loss in 6/6 games under Harry, wins against Liverpool twice (admittedly lucky to get both of them) and a draw against Arsanal is a good effort and with no clear '5th best team' in the epl Spurs have every chance to take it. Villa are only their because of an 'easy' draw, Hull are just suffering from the initial 'jump' seen in 1 out of the 3 Championship teams each year and the rest are just middletablers who have never done anything else. Spurs easily have the 5th best squad (except for Gomes- whose injury was the cause of thousads of Spurs prayers).

It's only early in the season remember and 8 points is nothing....
2007:
History: Revolutions

2008:
English
Further Maths
Psychology
Math Methods CAS       
Legal Studies

psychlaw

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 07:54:08 pm »
Golfa: thats really pushing it, they'd be lucky to get a top 10 finish. Sure they've won a couple of games but there still in relegation zone, and there form should dry up soon.

But I agree with you on Gerrard, lol. Biggest hippocrite.
This is pretty insightful :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVthv1RqHqo

Their out of the relegation zone at the moment and only 8 points from 5th with 26 games left! No loss in 6/6 games under Harry, wins against Liverpool twice (admittedly lucky to get both of them) and a draw against Arsanal is a good effort and with no clear '5th best team' in the epl Spurs have every chance to take it. Villa are only their because of an 'easy' draw, Hull are just suffering from the initial 'jump' seen in 1 out of the 3 Championship teams each year and the rest are just middletablers who have never done anything else. Spurs easily have the 5th best squad (except for Gomes- whose injury was the cause of thousads of Spurs prayers).

They are kind of still in relegation zone. The team thats 20th has 11 points. 19, 18, 17 and 16 (tottenham) all have 12 points. Theres not much in it at all, they are by no means "safe" from relegation

If you think about it that way, then 19 of the 20 teams have a chance of getting in the top 5. All of those 19 are 8 points or within 8 points of top 5.
The last team is only 9 points from top 5.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:56:58 pm by psychlaw »

random.photon

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2008, 05:52:12 pm »
Steve Gerrard Gerrard, he kisses the badge on his chest, then sends in a transfer request, Steve Gerrard Gerrard.

Velox

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Carpe Noctem
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 09:55:16 pm »
"When you walk through a storm hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone."

Come on Liverpool, all the way this year!
2009:
International Studies
2010:
English, Methods, Legal Studies, Economics, Accounting

Blue Moon

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2008, 09:25:40 pm »
Any other Manchester City fans on here? Great win last night over the gunners!

RD

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2008, 09:31:37 pm »
Go Man Utd!

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 01:04:52 pm »

hmmm few unexpected results this weekend, think if I'd have been tipping I'd have only got 2 right

Any other Manchester City fans on here? Great win last night over the gunners!

yeh enwiabe [admin] is one

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 01:59:10 am »

"why fans can't identify with players"
   http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2008/12/supporters-can.html

Golfa

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 07:43:17 pm »
United are gone. Shocking against Spurs. Hopefully they sell Tevez (get 5mil exta because of his recent good form :P) and sell Anderson for a decent price so they can pick up Mr.Torres (i can hope).

By the way, did anyone see the rumor that City are planning a 63mil bid for Darren Fletcher? HUGE ROFL.
2007:
History: Revolutions

2008:
English
Further Maths
Psychology
Math Methods CAS       
Legal Studies

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »
United are gone. Shocking against Spurs. Hopefully they sell Tevez (get 5mil exta because of his recent good form :P) and sell Anderson for a decent price so they can pick up Mr.Torres (i can hope).

By the way, did anyone see the rumor that City are planning a 63mil bid for Darren Fletcher? HUGE ROFL.

Torres is too connected to Liverpool to have any chance of wanting to play for one of their biggest rivals. You should go for David Villa.

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2008, 06:49:05 pm »

We aren't playing very well, but so aren't any of the other teams. Last weekend all the big 4 drew and a few weeks ago, none scored a single goal between them so no one wants to break away and dominate. I'd be sad to see Tevez leave, but he is finding it hard to get starts when we already have Rooney and Berbatov up front. Anderson is still only a kid as well, and has shown he can cut it in the big league.
Some snippets of what goes on in IRC:

<chath> ill say " i wont let you go until u kiss me bitch"

<@enwiabe> i have the BEST orgasms when i'm working through a math problem

<@mark_alec> my bikini line however, is most important

Are you scared yet?

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »

We aren't playing very well, but so aren't any of the other teams. Last weekend all the big 4 drew and a few weeks ago, none scored a single goal between them so no one wants to break away and dominate. I'd be sad to see Tevez leave, but he is finding it hard to get starts when we already have Rooney and Berbatov up front. Anderson is still only a kid as well, and has shown he can cut it in the big league.
I'm really liking Rafael, [though I'm not a United fan], already pwns at age 18

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 12:19:41 pm »

I'm really liking Rafael, [though I'm not a United fan], already pwns at age 18

Yeah I like the look of him as well, he almost plays like another winger.
Some snippets of what goes on in IRC:

<chath> ill say " i wont let you go until u kiss me bitch"

<@enwiabe> i have the BEST orgasms when i'm working through a math problem

<@mark_alec> my bikini line however, is most important

Are you scared yet?

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 01:25:39 am »

mypurpleundercracka

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 09:47:35 pm »
brilliant  :)