Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 06:42:44 am

Author Topic: EPL 08/09 thread  (Read 24873 times)

midas_touch

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Serial Trout Slapper
  • Respect: +4
Re: EPL 08/09 thread
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2009, 10:26:38 pm »
The carling cup is out of the way, now onto the FA cup, premier league and champons league :P
Some snippets of what goes on in IRC:

<chath> ill say " i wont let you go until u kiss me bitch"

<@enwiabe> i have the BEST orgasms when i'm working through a math problem

<@mark_alec> my bikini line however, is most important

Are you scared yet?

mypurpleundercracka

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »
"NO ITS FOOTBALL!!!  That rubbish with men in singlets and tights running and kicking an egg-shaped ball is aussie rules and not football get it right. FOOTBALL IS THE WORLD GAME"

+1337

cheers

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:36 pm »
AUSTRALIA mate,  FFA = Football Federation of Australia  8-)

Big deal. Just because a large proportion of the world calls it football doesn't mean we have to. Australian rules was created here, it deserves the title of football.

Besides, if you asked around what sport came to mind when people thought of Football, the majority wouldn't say soccer I am telling you now.

So don't tell people to "get it right".
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

mypurpleundercracka

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2009, 09:24:00 pm »

Big deal. Just because a large proportion of the world calls it football doesn't mean we have to. Australian rules was created here, it deserves the title of football.

Besides, if you asked around what sport came to mind when people thought of Football, the majority wouldn't say soccer I am telling you now.

Thats because the majority of Australians are of Anglo-Celtic decent who were brought up following Aussie Rules or Rugby League. "Soccer" back then was still regarded as "wogball" and was only played by ethnic minorities. Hence it never managed to achieve its proper naming status in this nation.

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »

Thats because the majority of Australians are of Anglo-Celtic decent who were brought up following Aussie Rules or Rugby League. "Soccer" back then was still regarded as "wogball" and was only played by ethnic minorities. Hence it never managed to achieve its proper naming status in this nation.

That is my point 100%, thank you. That ends that discussion. :)
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

mypurpleundercracka

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »

I was just fighting fire with fire, if your gonna come and input into an "EPL" thread and embrace instigating posts towards "soccer" your bound to get passionate responses such as my own

kurrymuncher

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2009, 08:44:12 pm »
lol adam you champion

kelep

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2009, 09:22:50 pm »
decent win by arsenal this morning.
3-1 over cardiff

drogba's goal this morning for chelsea was fair decent

mypurpleundercracka

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2009, 09:59:43 pm »

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2009, 11:09:59 pm »

I don't like "soccer" because it comes from "association"

mypurpleundercracka

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2009, 11:38:26 pm »
decent win by arsenal this morning.
3-1 over cardiff

drogba's goal this morning for chelsea was fair decent

chel$ki gettin into the habit of late goals ive noticed

methodsboy

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2009, 06:19:09 pm »

I was just fighting fire with fire, if your gonna come and input into an "EPL" thread and embrace instigating posts towards "soccer" your bound to get passionate responses such as my own
LOL that nigga got pwned !

kurrymuncher

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2009, 07:19:53 pm »
Your choice of wording isnt accurate

methodsboy

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2009, 07:42:17 pm »
Your choice of wording isnt accurate
shut ur ass faced mouth :p ur comments are not required
go do some spesh

hard

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2009, 08:35:03 pm »
kurrymuncher and methodsboy, do you guys like hate each other?