Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 02:42:03 pm

Author Topic: Where will you send your children?  (Read 11992 times)  Share 

kurrymuncher

Re: Where will you send your children?
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:01 pm »
pressure motivates some people to do better

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:29 pm »
The pressure is not really put on them, it's really self imposed. If you want a high mark, you will put pressure on yourself to move up the ranks. If you don't care, you will feel no pressure.

appianway

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2009, 10:48:44 am »
Some of the students at Mac.Rob and MHS place an unhealthy emphasis on the marks that they want to achieve, rather than the skills and benefits that they could gain out of high school. For instance, I've a friend who's aiming for commerce at Melbourne, but is spending hours and HOURS a day studying to attain a score of 99.5 or above. She's in year 11. Don't get me wrong - I have absolutely nothing against trying to get a great mark, but when it's not really needed and it comes at the expense of actually enjoying high school, well...

Granted, there are definitely students at Mac.Rob and MHS who don't harbour this mindset, but it's difficult to keep a healthy perspective on the VCE when a lot of your peers do.

Nonetheless, I'd still consider sending my kids to either Mac.Rob, MHS or VCASS... but only if they wanted to go!

physics

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Its anna :D
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2009, 08:48:25 pm »
Oh and another thing is it true that PEGs [Penleigh and Essendon Grammar] has same sex campuses for year 7-10 and co-ed for VCE?... Someone at that school told me...
Our school is liek that 4c!
HELP ME GRADUATE!
If you know anyone pregnant let me know :)

My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/Fairytailslilangel