Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 09:34:16 pm

Author Topic: General Footy Tipping and Discussion Thread  (Read 266456 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: ATAR Notes Footy Tipping and Discussion
« Reply #585 on: June 13, 2017, 11:12:25 am »
+1
Congrats Melbourne and Nick.

Unfortunately didn't get the time to watch the game due to exams, glad I didn't in a way haha. Good to see us competing in every single match though, hopefully we make finals this year.

A friend who did go to the game called me afterwards and he was really upset with the umpiring. From a Melbourne point of view, honestly what do you think? He said that he had never ever seen a game so badly umpired, apparently everything went Melbourne's way.

Ahh just saw the stats we were leading by like 30!!!

Cheers - and condolences.

Umpiring: thought we clearly had the better end of it. There were a few 50/50 calls that went our way, which then weren't paid to Collingwood in equivalent situations. Like, a few times in the last 5-10 minutes we'd drop it in a tackle, and I'd think "ahh, shit" - only for it to be called play on.

Definitely seen games worse umpired lol, and the Collingwood crowd was getting ridiculous at times. Like, a very clear high tackle paid correctly would get a huge reaction for some reason. I assume they were feeling hard done by, so decided to boo every single free kick we received hah. But yeah, definitely think we had the better end of it. (Will consider further on watching the replay, though.)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #586 on: June 13, 2017, 01:00:10 pm »
+1

Collingwood crowd was getting ridiculous at times. Like, a very clear high tackle paid correctly would get a huge reaction for some reason..)
That's us every week don't worry hahahhaha
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #587 on: June 13, 2017, 01:06:53 pm »
+2
Definitely seen games worse umpired lol, and the Collingwood crowd was getting ridiculous at times. Like, a very clear high tackle paid correctly would get a huge reaction for some reason. I assume they were feeling hard done by, so decided to boo every single free kick we received hah. But yeah, definitely think we had the better end of it. (Will consider further on watching the replay, though.)

Was there too and definitely thought your lot copped a pretty sweet deal re umpiring. Some of the stuff coming from the crowd was outrageous though. Saw one of your blokes nearly decapitated and Collingwood supporters in the crowd were having a blood whinge about it. Was pretty entertaining tbh.

Also, how good is the Big Freeze. MND is an absolute dog of a condition to have...the fact that Neale Daniher has managed to find so much meaning in his condition and devote himself to raising awareness/money to fight it is nothing short of heroic.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #588 on: June 13, 2017, 09:55:34 pm »
Tips R13:

GEEL
NM
RICH
PORT
GC
MELB

Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #589 on: June 13, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »
Tips R13:

GEEL
NM
RICH
PORT
GC
MELB

Almost got it right... :D
Try this one...
WCE - Domain stadium, Eagles are all over it!!
STK - Roos just aren't in it yet...
SYD - They're on fire after their Dogs dominance...
PORT- If they can't knock over the lions at Adelaide, they haven't got any chance for a finals run...
GC
MELB - WB will fight, after the SYD defeat, but I don't recon they have it...
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #590 on: June 13, 2017, 10:15:41 pm »
Quote from: S200
WCE - Domain stadium, Eagles are all over it!!
Mmmm nope.

Quote from: S200
STK - Roos just aren't in it yet...
Aside from the Richmond & GWS games, we have actually been pretty good. I have to admit last week was absolutely disgusting in terms of performance. If beating the ladder leader by 10 goals isn't "in it", i don't know what is. And you really can't say it was a one off or it was the ground - given Melbourne did the exact same thing the week after at Adelaide Oval.

I know we're 15th at the moment, could easily be in the top 8, it's that even. I know it's highly unlikely that we'll make finals this year - but like any supporter, one has to have hope.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #591 on: June 13, 2017, 10:23:21 pm »
Mmmm nope.
Aside from the Richmond & GWS games, we have actually been pretty good. I have to admit last week was absolutely disgusting in terms of performance. If beating the ladder leader by 10 goals isn't "in it", i don't know what is. And you really can't say it was a one off or it was the ground - given Melbourne did the exact same thing the week after at Adelaide Oval.

I know we're 15th at the moment, could easily be in the top 8, it's that even. I know it's highly unlikely that we'll make finals this year - but like any supporter, one has to have hope.

Yeah, Ok...
After all, I've been joyfully watching Sydney crawl up the ladder until that Hawthorn Debacle...
I thought we was gonna make history...
First club to lose six straight and hit the top eight :D

But why do you recon Geelong might get it??
They're inconsistent this year...
at least, every time I tip them, they lose!!
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #592 on: June 13, 2017, 11:58:27 pm »
Ed Vickers-Willis out for North this week... Straight swap for Jacobs?? McDonald to spend some more time in the backline proper, Jacobs on Steven? It will be interesting. Sam Wright would be nice! I'd love to see Jacobs back in and playing again. He'd go a long way to a win I think, if he's in form.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #593 on: June 14, 2017, 11:49:53 am »
Quote from: brenden
I'd love to see Jacobs back in and playing again.
ditto. We need our tagger back.

I'd rather people back that can actually win games for us. We barely even played against Richmond. It was a disaster.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #594 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
+1
ditto. We need our tagger back.

I'd rather people back that can actually win games for us. We barely even played against Richmond. It was a disaster.
Super unfortunate I think that he re-injured himself before that game. I have a feeling he would have come in, and probably would have decimated Cotchin (again). Could have changed the game but, in fairness... the second half was one of the shittest things I've ever seen... Ever.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #595 on: June 15, 2017, 11:44:12 pm »
Fark I got the exact margin right (13) for the WCE v GEE game, but wrong team. Whyyyyyyyy

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #596 on: June 15, 2017, 11:49:00 pm »
Fark I got the exact margin right (13) for the WCE v GEE game, but wrong team. Whyyyyyyyy
So brutal... Looked like Geelong might be out to get them in the final quarter!

Deccy Mountford in for Ed WV (didn't realise Jacobs was still injured, thought he was available after the bye)... Interesting choice, keen to see how he goes!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2017, 11:51:31 pm »
So brutal... Looked like Geelong might be out to get them in the final quarter!

Deccy Mountford in for Ed WV (didn't realise Jacobs was still injured, thought he was available after the bye)... Interesting choice, keen to see how he goes!

I thought that was an interesting decision. I read somewhere that someone was going to debut to replace Ed...... would've liked to see Mitch Hibberd have a run. Goldy has been quite poor the past couple of weeks... I wonder if he has another bad performance whether they will grow some balls and drop him for a week like they did with Swallow and Thomas. Preuss has not had enough time to develop at senior level.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:53:21 pm by Aaron »

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #598 on: June 16, 2017, 12:03:28 am »
I thought that was an interesting decision. I read somewhere that someone was going to debut to replace Ed...... would've liked to see Mitch Hibberd have a run. Goldy has been quite poor the past couple of weeks... I wonder if he has another bad performance whether they will grow some balls and drop him for a week like they did with Swallow and Thomas. Preuss has not had enough time to develop at senior level.
Brad Scott said in his press conference that Goldy is not in his best form, but that he believes he's close to "clicking", to paraphrase. Fair call on Mitch Hibberd... hopefully Declan has a ripper. I think it makes sense given that D.M is our strongest runner to bring him in against St Kilda, who run hard when they're playing well - and DM lays tackles. St Kilda have been getting smashed with turnovers I've read - might just be a bit of strategy to bring him in.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #599 on: June 16, 2017, 03:51:35 pm »
I think the last time we had a standalone Friday match was Good Friday, no?

Sad.. not many good timeslots this year.