Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 04:28:54 pm

Author Topic: JMSS Entry For 2018  (Read 435742 times)  Share 

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
Re: JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #750 on: July 23, 2017, 08:26:05 pm »
And see THAT my friend is why we use Nuclear Fusion powered Alcubbiere drives on trains! oh and Shadestache, the Alcubbiere drive is another cool thing to look into.

Before researching, the thought of travelling 'faster than light' worried me XD

So, the Alcubierre warp drive is basically a method of space travel that stretches the fabric of space-time in a wave, causing the space ahead of an object to contract while expanding the space behind. The object inside this wave is pushed and pulled by space-time, moving at speeds limited to the warp's intensity; it's carried along without feeling any acceleration at all.

woahhhh wahhhh? o.o XD

I know right !! everyone seems forgets about climate change in the midst of all this violence (massacres, burglaries, terrorist attacks). The climate change literally effects EVERYTHING in one way or another

The sad thing is that people are busy trying to become millionaires and be popular, but they don't realise that if our planet becomes like Venus, they're all dead XD Like you said, the climate change does affect everything, which is pretty scary. Climate -> Plants -> Animals -> Humans
But at least there's more solutions than problems in the world. I remember hearing this story about a Chinese guy converting the pollution in China into diamonds. We should invest money into building AIs that do this :DD
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:31:44 pm by Shadestache »
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

SquidsofDoom

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #751 on: July 23, 2017, 08:30:32 pm »
Before researching, the thought of travelling 'faster than light' worried me XD

So, the Alcubierre warp drive is basically a method of space travel that stretches the fabric of space-time in a wave, causing the space ahead of an object to contract while expanding the space behind. The object inside this wave is pushed and pulled by space-time, moving at speeds limited to the warp's intensity; it's carried along without feeling any acceleration at all.

woahhhh wahhhh? o.o XD
Yep, and that;s why physics is fun!
Shre nazg golugranu kilmi-nudu
Ombi kuzddurbagu gundum-ishi
Nugu gurunkilu bard gurutu
Ash Burz-Durbagu burzum-ishi
Daghburz-ishi makha gulshu darulu
Ash nazg durbatulūk
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk
agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #752 on: July 23, 2017, 08:43:23 pm »
but does it freak anyone else out the fact that (possibly) the entire freaking universe was once smaller than an atom :o like the universe right now is so infinite... and it's still expanding.
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature

SquidsofDoom

• Forum Regular
« Reply #753 on: July 23, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »
but does it freak anyone else out the fact that (possibly) the entire freaking universe was once smaller than an atom :o like the universe right now is so infinite... and it's still expanding.
Mostly. I read a book that literally had so many big numbers my sense of numbers has kinda gone out the window haha
Ash nazg durbatulūk
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #754 on: July 23, 2017, 08:51:29 pm »

I'm not even sure if the universe is infinite or finite. As of now, the observable universe is finite, but who knows what it's like outside that field of vision.
Either way, it's still fascinating XD

I hope that we one day find a habitable planet so that humanity has a back-up in case they entirely pollute Earth and it becomes virtually inhabitable. Maybe we will discover new resources and elements in that new planet ahah

SquidsofDoom

• Forum Regular
« Reply #755 on: July 23, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »
I'm not even sure if the universe is infinite or finite. As of now, the observable universe is finite, but who knows what it's like outside that field of vision.
Either way, it's still fascinating XD

I hope that we one day find a habitable planet so that humanity has a back-up in case they entirely pollute Earth and it becomes virtually inhabitable. Maybe we will discover new resources and elements in that new planet ahah
Ah! there's a MinutePhysics video on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCK5oGmRtxQ
Ash nazg durbatulūk
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #756 on: July 23, 2017, 09:05:46 pm »
Ah! there's a MinutePhysics video on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCK5oGmRtxQ

Thanks, this video was very informative. One of the comments said: "Instead, the more accurate thing to say is that the EDGE of observable universe is flat." So yeah, I guess we still don't know much.

The best quote was "giant hyper-potato" XDD

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
« Reply #757 on: July 23, 2017, 09:07:40 pm »
And then we can pollute that planet as well haha.

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #758 on: July 23, 2017, 09:11:02 pm »
And then we can pollute that planet as well haha.

Cycle of life unfortunately XD

SquidsofDoom

• Forum Regular
« Reply #759 on: July 23, 2017, 09:11:54 pm »
Thanks, this video was very informative. One of the comments said: "Instead, the more accurate thing to say is that the EDGE of observable universe is flat." So yeah, I guess we still don't know much.

The best quote was "giant hyper-potato" XDD
OHHHH that reminds me if you wanna get into physics, but rather orbital mechanics and stuff, you NEED to get this game called Kerbel Space Program, which you can buy for about $40 or you can do what I did and get it through"Unorthodox means" but no joke you could pass a university course just from what you learn playing this game. Oh and you can download heaps of mods like I did and I now actually have the Alcubbiere drive, and I expanded my Map to get other Solar Systems and can now do interstellar travel. I no joke would highly recommend it, and if you need any help just ask me (although I'm not very good at it)
Ash nazg durbatulūk
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #760 on: July 23, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »
OHHHH that reminds me if you wanna get into physics, but rather orbital mechanics and stuff, you NEED to get this game called Kerbel Space Program, which you can buy for about $40 or you can do what I did and get it through"Unorthodox means" but no joke you could pass a university course just from what you learn playing this game. Oh and you can download heaps of mods like I did and I now actually have the Alcubbiere drive, and I expanded my Map to get other Solar Systems and can now do interstellar travel. I no joke would highly recommend it, and if you need any help just ask me (although I'm not very good at it)

Oh my god, I know this game XD though, I haven't played it myself since I'm not an astronomy fanatic.
But you've changed my perspective on it, so I'll consider buying it in the future ahah.
My poor steam wallet ;-;

If anyone is interested in a game series that is story-rich and has some elements of sci-fi and puzzles, I would recommend playing:
• The Longest Journey
• Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
• Dreamfall Chapters

I've finished these a while ago and it's a pretty cool series. It's not super sci-fi, but it really makes you wonder how advanced our tech is going to be in the future.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:21:45 pm by Shadestache »

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #761 on: July 23, 2017, 09:22:07 pm »
That game is lit af, or so it would be if only I knew how to play it haha. I've downloaded that game countless times and always ended up deleting it because wth am I meant to do when I don't know shit about rockets. Maybe I would've loved the game if I had bothered to learn what to do.

EDIT: Someone say something lol. Get some conversations going.  :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:55:59 pm by GalacticProcess »

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #762 on: July 23, 2017, 09:59:26 pm »
That game is lit af, or so it would be if only I knew how to play it haha. I've downloaded that game countless times and always ended up deleting it because wth am I meant to do when I don't know shit about rockets. Maybe I would've loved the game if I had bothered to learn what to do.

EDIT: Someone say something lol. Get some conversations going.  :P

Our conversation-carry has gone offline XD
I've got a question (kind of personal, nonetheless a question)

What made you try out for JMSS? (Suzanne Cory in Galactic's sake :PP)

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #763 on: July 23, 2017, 10:09:13 pm »

I had to answer this question on my application haha. I think the one of the main reasons were because of the great facilities. The facilities really give you a new way of learning and thinking. They help explore theory and education in different ways, making school more interesting. SCHS is located in very close proximity to Victoria Uni, and use their facilities as. Another reason was obviously going to school with like-minded and motivated students. That can be a real driving factor leading into VCE, unless you're self-motivated (it helps none the less though). Another major reason is sport. My school currently isn't very providing, for a lack of a better word, for cricket. For me, my cricket has always been just as important as education and SCHS would give me a much better sporting experience than what I would be provided at my current school. Those are the main reasons for why I want to go to SCHS, now it's time to read everyone elses. :P

EDIT: Sorry for writing so much everyone, please forgive me.  :P

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #764 on: July 23, 2017, 10:11:52 pm »

I tried out because I really felt a strong sense of belonging there (sorry I sound lame lol) and their facilites were great, as was their method of teaching. I also thought being around those who had similar interests and dreams and aspirations to mine would be beneficial xD

what are you guys' hobbies/ things to do in your spare time?
I like reading, playing guitar, songwriting, singing, whatching docs and playing overwatch lol
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature