Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:33:16 am

Author Topic: JMSS Interview help  (Read 18539 times)  Share 

Elysium

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Hogwarts
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Re: JMSS Interview help
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 09:11:25 pm »
I'm going to make sure mine are reasonably long, but not filled with useless information. It really depends on the question, as some could be very short or very long depending on what I have to say,

Reasonably long, but not too long. I want to keep it as casual as I can. I'm really more worried about the group part.

osporth

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »
Reasonably long, but not too long. I want to keep it as casual as I can. I'm really more worried about the group part.

This doesn't work for everyone but I've lulled myself I to a fake sense of 'I will do well in the group activities' and its genuinely making me feel better and more confident? I just live by Fake it until you make it :D
2017: Psychology [38]

2018: Methods, Viscom, English Language, Chemistry, Uni Chemistry (hopefully!)

Aim: BPharm @ USyd

Elysium

• Adventurer
  • School: Hogwarts
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 10:32:35 am »
Thanks for all the support guys, my interview is in a couple of hours and I'm trying my best to keep calm(bad hairday really isn't helping :p). I'm just going to be myself and let's hope all goes well. :)

Thanks guys.

osporth

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 10:55:25 am »
Thanks for all the support guys, my interview is in a couple of hours and I'm trying my best to keep calm(bad hairday really isn't helping :p). I'm just going to be myself and let's hope all goes well. :)

Thanks guys.

Good luck! I'm sure it will go awesomely !
2017: Psychology [38]

2018: Methods, Viscom, English Language, Chemistry, Uni Chemistry (hopefully!)

Aim: BPharm @ USyd

dapperduck

• Trendsetter
  • School: ---
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 12:21:54 pm »

Thanks guys.

same here! hope both of us do well xxxxx

dapperduck

• Trendsetter
  • School: ---
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 11:59:55 am »
update: my interview is over!
now it's just awaiting game 😀😀

survivinghighschool

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: _
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 08:44:19 pm »
I hope all of you did well! :D
Sorry but may I ask... How did you reply to the question: "what can you offer the school/what can the school offer you" 
I'm kinda stuck and really need help, thanks :)

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • The secret of getting ahead, is getting started.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 08:51:31 pm »
Also, how many questions were there in total for the 1 on 1 interview? Thanks

hailstriker

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 04:54:04 pm »
What clothes do you have to wear to the jmss interview

SwagtaMalhotra

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 06:30:23 pm »
got an interview as well! what's the date and time of yours?!
and what do you need help with? my sister is a student of jmss so maybe I can help regarding any questions!
I also have an Interview on the 12th of August!! What kind of questions are they going to ask? How many students are interviewed and how many are selected? What if I don't have many science achievements?? How do I show them my passion for science? Pleasee Helppp

Rohan1176

• Trailblazer
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 07:34:45 pm »
Btw, there may be a couple of individual exercises, which will most certainly mess you up (I didn't even answer the question) they'll get you to do as well.

I know this is a couple of years old but what type of individual exercises are there? How would I go about them?
Ps My interview is on the 9th of August

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 08:21:35 pm »
I also have an Interview on the 12th of August!! What kind of questions are they going to ask? How many students are interviewed and how many are selected? What if I don't have many science achievements?? How do I show them my passion for science? Pleasee Helppp
Same day. I also heard that the JMSS interview was unique upon others, a normal interview training session won’t work well unless it’s specialized for this one. Need help, SOS!
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 08:50:34 pm »
Same day. I also heard that the JMSS interview was unique upon others, a normal interview training session won’t work well unless it’s specialized for this one. Need help, SOS!

Whoa same day too!! Mine is around the 9:30. What about ur guys!! Let us just hope it is around this time too!!

Blazing_Blitzen

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 07:36:15 am »
Is it true does who didn't get in never received an email. Because some students who got in got emails. But others who didn't get emails did not. Get an interview . Here's why I think this  is the case. People getting no emails is a clear sign they did not get an interview if interview emails are out.  So I just have to wait for my rejection  Email in late September. I feel glad most of you guys got in.  Saddly I did not manage to do better than the guys in my school. I might start a new thread about those who got rejected

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 09:17:32 pm »
Whoa same day too!! Mine is around the 9:30. What about ur guys!! Let us just hope it is around this time too!!
mine is at 2:49 PM so we can't meet... by the way, I just got the rejection email from Suzanne Cory today. which means, I have no alternative choice.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.