Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 01:43:27 am

Author Topic: Which is easier  (Read 429 times)  Share 

some dude

Which is easier
« on: November 06, 2011, 04:41:29 pm »
All i keep hearing from people is how much easier exam 2 is compared to exam 1. Am i the only one who feels the opposite? sure exam 1 has some iffy questions but at least its multiple choice. Some of the earlier questions in exam 2 may be a cinch but some of the later questions make up for it. idk i tend spend at least 20 min more on practice exam 2s... is this the case with anyone?

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
Re: Which is easier
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 04:46:18 pm »
The way I see it - if you "get the question" you can answer a/b/c/d/etc. and get full marks for it. If you have no idea, you're in trouble since there's no ABCDE guessing.

With that being said, exam 2 is slightly easier IMO. If you are careful with rounding, there's no reason not to do exceptionally well. Also because it isn't MC, you're more likely to think about the actual question instead of basing your work around the proposed answers.
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein

arock

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Which is easier
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »
Personally, exam 2 is easier than exam 1; the questions are much more straight forward except for the occasional theory question which can sometimes be tricky.