Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 01:39:09 pm

Author Topic: monash vs rmit (accounting)  (Read 17032 times)  Share 

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
monash vs rmit (accounting)
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:43 pm »
any difference like employment wise?
2010: Biology
2011: English, Mathematical methods, Further Mathematics, Accounting, Chemistry
Atar aim: Good enough
2012: Who knows?

Winter

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Re: monash vs rmit (accounting)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:44:25 pm »
I did Monash University Enhancement Studies in accounting and I can only say great things about it.
Lecturers I've had are coherent, funny, easy-to-approach; the uni atmosphere is great, course material is really in-depth.

If employers are looking at the ranking of the university alone, they might prefer Monash.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:50:25 pm by Winter »

mystikal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:57:48 pm »
depends which program you do tho...

RMIT
accountancy (4 year ) requires you to do an internship but you have find/apply places yourself

Monash
Bachelor of Accounting (3 year) provide you with 2 work placements (6 months in total) and you dont need to find them, they find you =P. Plus you have the option to do another major in finance.

Bachelor of Commerce (3 year or if you decide to do an internship (+1 year) but you have find urself and apply for an intermission) you can major in accounting + something else of your own choice.  but you have find your own work exp/vac work.

Monash is probably better since its G08 uni and alot of the top firms have monash/UoM students and the remainder being rmit/other unis.

However, RMIT has grown in reputation especially in accounting and if you successfully finish ur internship you have a good chance of getting employed.

Best degree in accounting in victoria would be bachelor of accounting monash because they give you 2 work experience placements and alot of them are type firms (big 4, mid tier, private sector)

Bachelor of Commerce at monash/uni of melb probably better than RMIT purely coz of reputation/prestige and people from UoM and monash can also apply for that 1 year internships if they wanted to, its just RMIT make it compulsory.

employment wise i wud have to say Monash is better than RMIT generally, however as an individual you still have a chance at getting employed by bigger firms as there have been exceptions from swimburne, rmit etc... just generally melbourne/monash are employed more at bigger firms.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:25 pm »
what about bachelor of business accounting at monash? is that just as good even if it has a lower atar than commerce?
2010: Biology
2011: English, Mathematical methods, Further Mathematics, Accounting, Chemistry
Atar aim: Good enough
2012: Who knows?

mystikal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
i would say RMIT accounting is better than bachelor of business. but you can try to transfer from bachelor business to commerce within monash easier.

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 11:12:59 pm »
+1
Monash is probably the best, but depends where you get in as well as other factors, it won't be much different

And also, depends where you want to work! :P

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 12:17:59 pm »
Hi- would you say Bachelor of Accounting at Caulfield or Clayton is better?

EDIT: Sorry, that didnt make sense much! Which one?
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »
I'd say Clayton

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 02:56:56 pm »
Yeah thats what I thought too. The ATAR for Caulfield is about 82, I think, but Clayton specifies just 'high-scoring' so definitely 90+?? And I was a tool and I didnt look too deeply into doing BAcc because the closing date for applications for Clayton was Nov 30 :/
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »
+1
Do a Bachelor of Commerce then, major in Accounting :)

Or you can take a double major in Accounting and Finance

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 03:06:19 pm »
Yeah, see the intention was to do BComm, but I was thinking of doing BAcc if I didnt make it into Comm. But then if I cant make it into Comm then I wouldnt have been able to make it into Acc anyway- in terms of ATAR, so either way, its BComm or BAcc at Caulfield. Or something inbetween, ATAR wise.

Gunbound

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 03:31:56 pm »
doesn't bachelor of accounting need interview?

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 03:41:04 pm »
I thought it was at Clayton only? Thats why I said I was too late for it.
Shit, is it at Caulfield as well? LOL either way, thats like my if-all-else-fails plan anyway.

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 03:53:43 pm »
Caulfield is Bachelor of Business (Accounting) and no you don't need an interview. The hardest to get into would be Bachelor of Accounting at Clayton, followed by Bachelor of Commerce, then Bachelor of Business (Accounting) - Caulfield

Have you considered Commerce at Melbourne, Accounting at RMIT, Swinburne...etc.

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 04:15:30 pm »
Yeah thats what I thought- Caulfield doesnt need interview but Clayton does, hence why I'm too late to apply for Clayton. OOOO why is it hard to get into Business(Accouting)??

LOL yeah Melb is my first pref but its probably out of reach. Then I'd like to get into Comm Monash- I pretty much just want to end up going Melb, if not anything at Monash.

Swinburne- mommy went there, no thanks. RMIT, meh call me an snob, but I'd like to go Monash LOL