Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 18, 2024, 05:34:02 am

Author Topic: best resources for chem?  (Read 451 times)  Share 

1ne

best resources for chem?
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:56:02 pm »
Hey guys.. I'm looking for resources that will make the theory easier to understand. I heard that A+ notes are good in this category, does anyone here own a copy? If so is it any good, does it just summarise the information or actually goes through a step by step guide?

Also how are the NEAP guides do they go explain the theory or are they just questions and past exams.

In this terms of questions the resources which I have is Checkpoints and have bought the ATAR notes chem guide, but waiting on delivery atm.

Are there any resources that you know of and use for understanding theory besides textbook, If so state the name and how it helps.

Thanks. Sorry for a lot of these questions, I didn't even know these resources existed going into Vce, I thought the textbook is all we need.

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
Re: best resources for chem?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 12:15:09 am »
Are there any resources that you know of and use for understanding theory besides textbook, If so state the name and how it helps.
I usually just google about the topic if I want to find out more. You might come across things way beyond VCE level, but you can usually find something you can understand.

Chemguide.co.uk is probably the best website, covers everything pretty comprehensively and it's basically designed with the intention to explain theory that textbooks usually don't explain very well. For the instrumental analysis stuff, Wikipedia is actually quite good with it's explanations. There's also a couple of other websites that will often pop up in search results, I can't remember them off the top of my head though.