Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 06:44:09 pm

Author Topic: Why don't they just go vote for Pauline Handson?  (Read 1283 times)  Share 

Woody

• New South Welsh
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -5
  • School: Epping
Why don't they just go vote for Pauline Handson?
« on: May 23, 2012, 02:44:06 am »
How come everytime a news article comes out on immigration, polls will show 50~% of people against, yet when voting time comes nobody ever votes for Pauline?

Please explain to me smart people of VCE ATAR Note Forums. I am dumb cunt.

Like last election Pauline got around 5% of votes, and most were from Queensland.
But today I saw an article in The Daily Telegraph(Sydney) and it showed like 70% wanted to ban immigration.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Re: Why don't they just go vote for Pauline Handson?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:59:23 am »
+1
Because... Pauline isn't running... ?
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Woody

• New South Welsh
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -5
  • School: Epping
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »
Not sure if trolling or just stupid....

She was running the last like 15 years, and had to quit because she wasn't getting enough votes.

anonymous1

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:39:29 pm »
The major issue in her speech was an attack on immigration and the Federal Government policy of multiculturalism:
“   Immigration and multiculturalism are issues that this government is trying to address, but for far too long ordinary Australians have been kept out of any debate by the major parties. I and most Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed and that of multiculturalism abolished. I believe we are in danger of being swamped by Asians. Between 1984 and 1995, 40% of all migrants coming into this country were of Asian origin. They have their own culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate. Of course, I will be called racist but, if I can invite whom I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in who comes into my country. A truly multicultural country can never be strong or united. The world is full of failed and tragic examples, ranging from Ireland to Bosnia to Africa and, closer to home, Papua New Guinea. America and Great Britain are currently paying the price. Arthur Calwell was a great Australian and Labor leader, and it is a pity that there are not men of his stature sitting on the opposition benches today. Arthur Calwell said: Japan, India, Burma, Ceylon and every new African nation are fiercely anti-white and anti one another. Do we want or need any of these people here? I am one red-blooded Australian who says no and who speaks for 90% of Australians. I have no hesitation in echoing the words of Arthur Calwell."

I don't think many people would vote for someone giving this speech, she is not only against immigration but the actual policy of multiculturalism too.

She wouldn't get my vote that's for sure :)

CaiTheHuman

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Obsessive
  • AstroBoy_
  • Respect: +6
  • School: RMIT VCE
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:21:04 am »
+1
How come everytime a news article comes out on immigration, polls will show 50~% of people against, yet when voting time comes nobody ever votes for Pauline?

Please explain to me smart people of VCE ATAR Note Forums. I am dumb cunt.

Like last election Pauline got around 5% of votes, and most were from Queensland.
But today I saw an article in The Daily Telegraph(Sydney) and it showed like 70% wanted to ban immigration.

There has a major misinformation in our Media, in the mindsets of many Australians which have been instilled by intolerance. The notion that Immigrants are taking away Jobs Australians would either wise take up themselves.They fail to understand that many of these Immigrants work Menial Jobs,many of these occupations ordinary Australians would not like to see themselves doing. Who would rather enjoy relishing the living wage confer to them by the Commonwealth.

The main Reason why Pauline Hanson got votes in the Pre-Tampa Period was because she was different. A Fish and Chip Owner, someone who ran her own business. She painted herself as a battler her whole life, someone who ordinary Australians could connect with. She had passion and ambition which was unprecedented for any individual in Australian Politics. Her sudden foray into Politics ignited debates, previously seen as taboo to be discussed in a distinctive manner (such as why do Aboriginals get more rights than Ordinary Australians or Asian Immigration is a threat to Australia). In simple terms,  she managed to get in touch with the people, unlike other politicians today who seem out of touch.

The main reason why she is no longer has a position (thank you Tony Abbot <3) is because she was alleged to have failed to follow the guidelines the AEC set out from what I heard. She was absolved from her charges put against her,however managed to win a seat in Parliament ever Since.

In explaining why noone votes for her. Howard Government -> Tampa Affair -> One million voters who voted One Nation admired and supported Government Stance against the issue -> Coalition receives support from previously One Nation affiliated voters.

There was no need to vote her, because of the Howard Government heeded to the voice of the millions of Australians who believed in a tougher stance against Immigration and Boat People. Which drawn back One Nation Supporters back to the Coalition. Nowadays if you want to be Anti-Immigration, Be my guest and vote for Bob Katter.
Bee leaf in your self.

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »
The major issue in her speech was an attack on immigration and the Federal Government policy of multiculturalism:
“   Immigration and multiculturalism are issues that this government is trying to address, but for far too long ordinary Australians have been kept out of any debate by the major parties. I and most Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed and that of multiculturalism abolished. I believe we are in danger of being swamped by Asians. Between 1984 and 1995, 40% of all migrants coming into this country were of Asian origin. They have their own culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate. Of course, I will be called racist but, if I can invite whom I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in who comes into my country. A truly multicultural country can never be strong or united. The world is full of failed and tragic examples, ranging from Ireland to Bosnia to Africa and, closer to home, Papua New Guinea. America and Great Britain are currently paying the price. Arthur Calwell was a great Australian and Labor leader, and it is a pity that there are not men of his stature sitting on the opposition benches today. Arthur Calwell said: Japan, India, Burma, Ceylon and every new African nation are fiercely anti-white and anti one another. Do we want or need any of these people here? I am one red-blooded Australian who says no and who speaks for 90% of Australians. I have no hesitation in echoing the words of Arthur Calwell."

I don't think many people would vote for someone giving this speech, she is not only against immigration but the actual policy of multiculturalism too.

She wouldn't get my vote that's for sure :)

Without regarding how racist or deranged she is, her words at least have some truth. Most migrants do not assimilate well into the wider community, they remain in their small group of migrant friends, some can't even speak English.

Multiculturalism itself is not a bad thing. The selection rule just has to be much much higher.
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

anonymous1

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 11:49:55 pm »
^ yes, i agree with that :)