Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 07:20:39 am

Author Topic: What was hard?  (Read 4223 times)

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
What was hard?
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:54:09 pm »
So, just so I know what students generally find difficult so I can incorporate that into my next book, what did you find challenging about the exam?

And also, those who did worse than they thought or better than they thought, which area of study did you think was responsible for that?

Bhootnike

• Chief Curry Officer
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Biggest Sharabi
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: What was hard?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
So, just so I know what students generally find difficult so I can incorporate that into my next book, what did you find challenging about the exam?

And also, those who did worse than they thought or better than they thought, which area of study did you think was responsible for that?

probably the questions in electronics where they ask you to design a circuit and make you choose the appropriate resistor..
2011: Biol - 42
2012: Spesh |Methods |Chemistry |English Language| Physics
2014: Physiotherapy
khuda ne jab tujhe banaya hoga, ek suroor uske dil mein aaya hoga, socha hoga kya doonga tohfe mein tujhe.... tab ja ke usne mujhe banaya hoga

Genericname2365

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »

I'm not 100% sure (may change my post if/when I get my SoM), but at a guess I'd say electricity + photonics.

questions in electronics where they ask you to design a circuit and make you choose the appropriate resistor..

Hmm, there was a resistor question I had a lot of trouble with, I'm not sure if you're referring to the one I'm thinking of or not though.
Edit: The one I had the most trouble with was question 2 (possibly just d? or the whole question, I don't remember), where you had to pick from D1 or D2, etc.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:06:44 pm by Genericname2365 »
ATAR: 93.35
Bachelor of Arts at UoM

Dominatorrr

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:51:47 pm »
For me the action-reaction question in motion where the correct answer was the Earth's gravitational force but most people said the tension in the string.

WhoTookMyUsername

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:05:59 pm »
trying (and failing) to n0t make any silly mistakes :(

mikesguns

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:43:29 pm »
trying (and failing) to n0t make any silly mistakes :(
This!! In the time pressure it is extremely easy to make these. Paul, maybe you can give people some quick advice to help reduce these in your next book. eg some ways to re-check answers (maybe additional formulas that arent in the course but are good for checking), telling people to write clearly (i didnt practice what i preach, since in the rush I thought 2.0 said 20 in my writing), and being extremely careful when doing things in your head to avoid multiplication errors (i did this as well lol). etc
2013-2015 BCom - Actuarial Studies - University of Melbourne

AllAboutTheLGs

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Goon King
  • School: Glen Waverley Secondary College
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:07 pm »
Which of the million formulae to use in given situations.
2013-2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine at The University of Melbourne