Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 10, 2024, 08:32:50 pm

Author Topic: Confused with SAC details given by teacher :/  (Read 755 times)  Share 

12345luke

• New South Welsh
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Confused with SAC details given by teacher :/
« on: August 18, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »
I have a business sac on Tuesday and our teacher has given us points on what we should know for the SAC - I wasn't there on the day so my friend copied me a copy but im a little confused with one of the points.

- EBA's - definitions, management styles and skills -

Aren't EBA's just wage and working conditions being negotiated at the level of the individual organisations, so where would management styles and skills come into that?

Or would it instead of EBA's - be 'Employee relations' - definitions, management styles and skills - and they have just made a grammatical error?

Thanks guys! :)

bobjones

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Confused with SAC details given by teacher :/
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »

- EBA's - definitions, management styles and skills -

Aren't EBA's just wage and working conditions being negotiated at the level of the individual organisations, so where would management styles and skills come into that?

Your pretty much correct. Eba usually refers to Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. I believe your teacher wants you to know what skills you would want to effectively and appropriately negotiate with an employee. For example, To negotiate - you'll need communication skills, problem solving skills:-)  etc. Technical skills probably won't come in handy though. Some skills are better than others, which is what I believe she is asking you to know.

Writing on a mobile. Excuse my spelling and grammar :-)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:49:32 pm by bobjones »
2012: Business Management, English, Health + Human Development
2013: IT Apps