Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 04:31:42 pm

Author Topic: Unit 3&4 SAC Marks vs. Exam  (Read 810 times)  Share 

_eriicc

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Unit 3&4 SAC Marks vs. Exam
« on: October 04, 2012, 07:20:24 pm »
My first post, but here it goes.

So I entered Year 12 with a positive mind and a figure that I wanted to achieve, in regards to the ATAR score. After being thrown into the fiery pits of Year 12 without the aid of a thorough or developed studying pattern, my results were not the best. My Unit Three SAC marks ranged from A's, to B's and B's+, to even C+'s and even a D.

This was a realization point that I needed to develop better studying habits, a rigorous schedule, and put 110% of myself into my studies. To this day, I'm hungry, bitter, passionate and driven to get an ATAR of 80. My Unit Four results have increased dramatically, from getting an A in the subject where I initially got a D in - with combinations of A+'s, A's and B+'s and B's over all subjects.

I've interrogated this forum as well as the VCAA websites and articles, and have found mixed responses of the concept of SACs vs Exams, in order to achieve a 'laudable' ATAR score, but I'm still confused.

So my question is, will my Unit 3 results tarnish my potential of achieving an ATAR of 80+? Will my SAC marks get pulled up if I do better on the exam?

I haven't been told about my ranks in any classes, but I do know i'm in the top 5 for my Hospitality class, and I was in the top 7 for my last English SAC. I've also attained a Cert. III in Retail which also contributes 2-3 marks on top of your raw ATAR. I do Drama, English, Literature, Philosophy and VET Hospitality - if that matters. I'm determined to get an A on every single exam.

Sigh.  :(
The concept of VCE is such a demanding and destructive system. A lot of people fail to realize that.

Thank you!