Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 09:41:43 pm

Author Topic: HELP!!!!!  (Read 1140 times)  Share 

sasa

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Bananas
  • Respect: +4
  • School: Academy of Mary Immaculate
  • School Grad Year: 2013
HELP!!!!!
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »
Donc, I'm kind of stressed out. My oral is in 15 days and counting and we still have to do THREE SACs (listening, writing [tomorrow] and the unit 4 oral). On top of that, my teacher is absolutely useless and has refused to look at anything I've done for my oral up until now (I have NEVER coem to the point of speaking about a teacher in such a manner). She also told us last term that we won't be touching our detailed studies until Term 4, even though we are now fully prepared for our orals ( no thanks to my teacher). We have not even touched our detailed studies in class and spend our classes doing pretty much nothing. My class of four (including myself) have had a LOTE aid (she would come in to do oral practise), but she has now gone overseas and the school refuses to pay for another one. On top of that, she was my tutor (as well as my classmates', as she knew our strengths and weaknesses) and she's now gone, leaving me stranded. I'm really stressed about my oral and just French in general, but whenever my class tries to make a complaint or reason with my teacher, the response is "Girls, I've been teaching this subject for 35 years. I know what I'm doing".

So, my question is: what would you suggest I do, along with my classmates to better equip ourselves for the oral??
If you don't know the answer to a question, chances are it has something to do with changing the surface area to volume ratio or resonance.

roseeblosssom

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Hogwarts
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:24:23 pm »
Sounds very stressful! Good luck with everything!

Firstly, with the oral, sometimes it's good to remember that although it's stressful trying to prepare for it, as long as you can formulate sentences with verbs etc. and have a BASIC knowledge of what you are going to speak about you will be okay. I was similar to you, I didn't have much time to prepare for my detailed study, but I just memorised basic things and tried to think of different ways the examiners would ask questions about my topic and that helped me ( I had my oral last week and was extremely stressed about it all).

Also it's good to remember to that the oral, although it counts, it counts less than some sacs you've done through out the year. It's nerve racking, I completely understand! I wasn't sleeping properly leading up to the night of exam. (I should have listened to everyone who told me that before my exam!)

With practicing, I found with my class we would skype, FaceTime each other every night and did a 'mock oral' with each other and helped each other out with words and ideas for other questions until the day of the exam. Also during the week we would practice at lunch together on different days.

Some teachers can be frustrating! I totally understand! Once you have spoken to them about it and they don't listen, it's best to just do things on your own or even better, with your friends or your class, because in the end they, your friends/classmates are the people that you will most likely learn more from!

And remember most people in the state will be feeling very similar to you!

Everything will work out in the end, you just need to keep chipping away at it!! Hope this helps a little bit.

Good luck!
2013: English, Chemistry, French, Maths Methods, Further Maths
2012: Psychology [35]