Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 29, 2024, 06:11:07 pm

Author Topic: CLASS OF 2018!  (Read 114322 times)  Share 

Shenz0r

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +410
Re: CLASS OF 2018!
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2014, 10:11:15 am »
+3
Travelling to visit family, watching a load of action movies, going through past VCE exams, getting ready to take a French exchange student. Lol :p

Dude...why?
2012 ATAR: 99.20
2013-2015: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Microbiology/Immunology: Infections and Immunity) at The University of Melbourne
2016-2019: Doctor of Medicine (MD4) at The University of Melbourne

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2014, 12:13:38 pm »
Travelling to visit family, watching a load of action movies, going through past VCE exams, getting ready to take a French exchange student. Lol :p

Apart from a difference in genre and a difference in race, sounds like we're pretty much the same. Though instead of exams I plan to just go through examiners notes and finish my 3/4 holiday homework (huzzah).
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »
Dude...why?
Because I want to be as prepared as possible for when VCE comes :p Seriously though, It is my dream to do half as well as you did :)
Apart from a difference in genre and a difference in race, sounds like we're pretty much the same. Though instead of exams I plan to just go through examiners notes and finish my 3/4 holiday homework (huzzah).
Lol yeah. What subjects are you gonna do? It'd be good to have someone to study with :)

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 10:37:55 pm »
Because I want to be as prepared as possible for when VCE comes :p Seriously though, It is my dream to do half as well as you did :)Lol yeah. What subjects are you gonna do? It'd be good to have someone to study with :)

This holiday? Just Japanese.
The future? I'll probably do 3/4 Philosophy in 2016 since I'm doing 1/2 next year. I'd like to do another 1/2 in 2015 but the school reckons my timetable is too tight and I'd miss too many classes.  :'(
For 2017, hopefully English Language and something else (I'm thinking history: rev or psychology (probably psych)). Then in 2018 whatever I didn't do in 2017 plus maybe chemistry (probably not - most likely I'll do Japanese through UMEP or something).
So I don't think we'd share many of the same subjects unless we both did Chem and Psych.  :(
Different career goals I guess. But hopefully that doesn't mean we can't help each other out still  :D haha

♡ Subjects ♡
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 06:07:10 pm »
Haven't heard from you guys in a while, how's life/school?
I found that compared to year 8, year 9 is about ten times better so far!! :)

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 09:01:34 pm »
Haven't heard from you guys in a while, how's life/school?
I found that compared to year 8, year 9 is about ten times better so far!! :)
I'd have to agree. Seems like we're actually doing something this year.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:28:13 am by sarangiya »

♡ Subjects ♡

vobinhood

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 10:44:48 pm »
/butts in/ yeah, I found that the higher year level, the better school life. Additionally, congrats on you guys for spreading your VCE subjects across your high school academic years; instead of just doing them in year 11 and 12.
It helps with solidifying your study habits - because there's not as much urgency to do that with normal high school subjects and also you get to understand how the VCE works earlier on, making you more informed at an earlier age - something I wish I could've done.

I wish I did what you guys are doing!!
:)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:05 pm »
+1
/butts in/ yeah, I found that the higher year level, the better school life.

I wish I did what you guys are doing!!

Agreed!  I was bored sick of school in year 9 in an utterly un-academic school, with teachers who thought it was our 'rest' year and spent the whole class chatting on other topics... everyone says it gets worse, but it only gets better.

And I wasn't allowed to do a 3/4 subject even in year 11... :'( you are definitely lucky, keep it up!

Good luck :D but remember to keep it broad - extracurricular and lots of normal 9/10 subjects too!  Because you may find that you're bored sick of VCE by year 12 and wish you'd got all you could out of lower high school life, not just academics.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 12:42:10 am »
Additionally, congrats on you guys for spreading your VCE subjects across your high school academic years; instead of just doing them in year 11 and 12.
Thanks. I was honestly surprised that the school let me do VCE in Year 8. Like, for one the school doesn't have very high academic standards; and it doesn't usually stretch the rules for kids like me. The thing I actually hope will come out of this (other than a high ATAR - fingers crossed) is more younger students doing VCE. There are complications surrounding organization, work load and maturity and everything, but if some junior high-school kid is really good at something, why not let them take it all the way? I really hope this mentality comes into effect in Victorian education. Like even now they're introducing not science 'extension', but 'acceleration' -- essentially doing Year 10 chemistry in Year 9 and 1/2 in Year 10 (what I'll be doing)... that's what I hope to see.

Agreed!  I was bored sick of school in year 9 in an utterly un-academic school, with teachers who thought it was our 'rest' year and spent the whole class chatting on other topics... everyone says it gets worse, but it only gets better.

And I wasn't allowed to do a 3/4 subject even in year 11... :'( you are definitely lucky, keep it up!

Good luck :D but remember to keep it broad - extracurricular and lots of normal 9/10 subjects too!  Because you may find that you're bored sick of VCE by year 12 and wish you'd got all you could out of lower high school life, not just academics.
I feel you. Especially the 'rest' year. There's a whole lot of personal development related work and events set up for us to do, and honestly the actual schoolwork has only slightly increased in difficulty. Schools really need to push it where they can. I hope it gets better. Looking forward to it.

That sucks. But even so you did ridiculously well; congratulations.

That I also agree on. Maybe not the getting sick of VCE part, but with the extracurricular part. I don't do any sport or instrument or whatever, and I feel really disappointed that I didn't take the opportunity to start when I was younger. Good point  ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:45:23 am by sarangiya »

♡ Subjects ♡

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 07:34:17 am »
+1
Hi all :)
How are you guys going with your 3/4 subjects select entry schools and life in general?
I'm liking year nine much much more then year eight; more choice over the subjects you do, seemingly harder work (yes, of course it should be; we're a year level higher - but it seems there's more scope available to put in extra effort now)
What texts are you guys reading for English?

Arithmetic

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • One Day
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2015, 10:40:56 pm »
Hi all :)
How are you guys going with your 3/4 subjects select entry schools and life in general?
I'm liking year nine much much more then year eight; more choice over the subjects you do, seemingly harder work (yes, of course it should be; we're a year level higher - but it seems there's more scope available to put in extra effort now)
What texts are you guys reading for English?

Yes, year nine seems to be much more enjoyable for me too. This semester for English we are reading Life as we knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer, and next semester we are reading Shadow by Michael Morpurgo. What texts are you reading for English this year?
2017: Biology [37]
2018: Chemistry [] English [] Methods [] Studio Arts [] Physics []

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2015, 06:48:43 am »
Yes, year nine seems to be much more enjoyable for me too. This semester for English we are reading Life as we knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer, and next semester we are reading Shadow by Michael Morpurgo. What texts are you reading for English this year?
The Happiest Refugee by Anh Do, Animal Farm and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
Oh, how I love you MathFights.

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
  • School: JMSS
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2015, 10:15:28 am »
+1
The Happiest Refugee by Anh Do, Animal Farm and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
Oh, how I love you MathFights.

OMGOSH! I LOVED ANIMAL FARM!!! Make sure you enjoy it!!! It's really fun!!!

~Asuna~

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 11:12:31 pm »
Anyone else want to do med in uni?

I'd love to become a psychiatrist in the future! It's my dream career. c:

And we're reading Tomorrow When The War Began and The Hunger Games this year... XD

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 07:16:01 am »
Anyone else want to do med in uni?

I'd love to become a psychiatrist in the future! It's my dream career. c:

And we're reading Tomorrow When The War Began and The Hunger Games this year... XD
Hunger Games is alright :)
I am to med as my avatar is to his acorn :)