Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 11:41:22 am

Author Topic: VTAC Seas question  (Read 1825 times)  Share 

_fruitcake_

VTAC Seas question
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:45:51 pm »
Hi i am applying under disadvantaged financial background. I got statements from centrelink for payments and whatnot, i mailed those documents, and now my question is- does VTAC tell you if they accept what you mailed them, or if its not enough and i need to send more? What happens? Do they say my SEAS application was successful or something? Thanks in advance :)

Kalopsic

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
Re: VTAC Seas question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »
Hi i am applying under disadvantaged financial background. I got statements from centrelink for payments and whatnot, i mailed those documents, and now my question is- does VTAC tell you if they accept what you mailed them, or if its not enough and i need to send more? What happens? Do they say my SEAS application was successful or something? Thanks in advance :)

I haven't heard of them contacting anyone in regards to supplying more support documents. As long as you provide them with the documents that they have listed, you should be fine. I have no idea of the VTAC processes but I do know that you won't know the outcome of your SEAS application and whether or not the uni uses it or not. Unless you get an ATAR below the required and still make it into your course, you won't know if the SEAS application was successful or even used.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that for disadvantaged financial background, it's pretty black and white if you/your family receives Centrelink. If you receive Centrelink and have provided the documents that is required, you will qualify for that SEAS category. It's only when you don't receive Centrelink that is a bit of a grey area
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:08:52 pm by Kalopsic »
2014: English | Maths Methods | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Chinese (SL)
2015-2017: B.Sci @ UoM
2018-2019: M. Marketing Communications @ UoM

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »
If you're with Centrelink, you should have been able to just enter your CAN into VTAC and then you will have been automatically accepted for financial disadvantage (assuming you put in a valid CAN).

Granted, the system might have changed since I was in year 12, so.

sjayne

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 10:20:40 pm »
 You can ring/email and see if your forms have been received (I had to do this last year because it was around the cut off date) but I don't think they will tell you if you've been accepted or not. Though, I asked at a uni academic advice day in around october (?) and they were able to tell me that I did qualify for that seas category according to their records.
2015   BSc: psych at unimelb