Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 06:55:12 pm

Author Topic: 2015 Health exam  (Read 6161 times)  Share 

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: ABC
2015 Health exam
« on: November 04, 2015, 05:35:11 pm »
How did people find the 2015 HHD exam!!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: 2015 Health exam
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 05:42:06 pm »
+1
If anyone can scan me a copy, I'll give an outline of how I would have answered things :) (obviously not as useful as in maths/sci, but hopefully still helpful!)  How did y'all go?
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »
If anyone can scan me a copy, I'll give an outline of how I would have answered things :) (obviously not as useful as in maths/sci, but hopefully still helpful!)  How did y'all go?

please tell me the healthy living pyramid is a PROGRAM implemented by nutrition Australia

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »
please tell me the healthy living pyramid is a PROGRAM implemented by nutrition Australia

Why... what was the question?
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 05:50:46 pm »
There were some weird questions imo.

LOL i hope so too!!! What did you say for that question??

Sorry, don't have one

Why... what was the question?

Descrive a program by an NGO that addresses sodium intake (or similar)

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 05:53:03 pm »
We had to talk about a non-governmental program implemented to address sodium consumption and in midst of my nerves I put down the HLP, was going to change it if there was time at the end but there was no time T^T

DestinationAlan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: Lakeview Senior College
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 08:08:00 pm »
It definitely felt different compared to other practice exams I've done. Maybe it was the pictures? So many pictures.

Some of the questions were really ambiguous such as "Explain why Australia should give aid" or "Explain the link between girls' education and any of the indicators above". No Ottawa Charter which is quite sad because I've grown fond of "Bad Cats Smell Dead Rats".

For the non-government program addressing sodium intake, was it okay if you put down Heart Foundation "Tick" Program?
2014: English | Further Maths | Legal Studies | Politics | Literature | Psychology
2015: English | Global Politics | HHD | Legal Studies | Literature
ATAR Goal: 90+
Uni Goal: University of Melbourne/RMIT/Deakin
Career Goal: Journalism

~V

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +14
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »
what would we do for q13? (the first part)
Very brief but:
Mother can read is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5: women or girls that are more educated are more receptive to health information than those that are not.
Risk of maternal death is 2.7 times higher in women with no education than those educated: women or girls that don't/can't go to school are more likely to be married and have children at a younger age, teenage mothers are more prevalent to birth complications which may result in death.
A question from the exam discussion thread that's stuffed.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:13:14 pm by ~V »
November 6th 2014 5.15pm
Class of 2014! :D

RacquelLuntz

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 08:43:06 pm »
One of the first few questions (and the one i left till the end) was 'explain why there is a difference in mental health between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians'.

Personally I referenced to hoe their geographical proximity to health care facilities was a significant contributor; they were unable to obtain assistance to recover from drug and alcohol addictions and depression and anxiety, increasing the levels of mental health issues experiences by indigenous Australians.

I was so lucky I studied about the nutrients related to protecting colorectal cancer or id've lost 4 marks!

The 6 mark question also only related so sustainable human development in regard to a WHO agenda that you chose. I did mention improvements in health as I chose the Health-related MDG's priority, however it was odd to see it purely relate to sustainable human development!

Was anyone else feeling very pushed for time? I finished with 10 minutes to go, but found myself stressing so much of the time that I would've complete the exam!
(2014) - Business Management 
(2015) - English, Further Maths, Geography, Health and Human Development, German

sashya1998

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: patterson river secondary college
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:13 pm »
What did people say/would say for "explain why mental health differs between non-indigenous and indigenous Australians?" - I felt like it was really broad? Is it asking for a specific determinant?

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »
@DestinationAlan

Agreed, there were definitely a lot of pictures :O I now wonder if it was to throw us off... sneaky
I didn't really understand the indicator question :/ Just wrote something about how education would lead to reduced mortality and therefore improved life expectancy..
And oh my damn, that 6mark question, they even gave us a full page to write our answer :')
I'm sure Heart Foundation Tick will be accepted, still kicking myself for writing the Healthy Living Pyramid ._.

@girl1234
I talked about how the HLP contains salt in the 'eat in small amounts' section of the pyramid, encouraging people to reduce their intake of sodium. But I realised it's not a program and wanted to change it but there was no time :( How about you?

@RacquelLuntz
I also referred to geographical proximity to healthcare, phew!! Yeah I was expecting the 6mark to be related to all of health, human development and sustainability. Now that I think about it, I don't think I linked my answer to human development enough :/
I chose non-communicable diseases.. I also agree with you on the timing, there was a significant difference in my handwriting from the first exam qu to the last :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:58:15 pm by djsbrks »

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »
Well well well
Overall was a fairly easy an exam, with a few 'out of the blue' questions.
Was definitely longer than most other exams I have done.

For the "program" question, initially Nutrition Australia and The healthy Living pyramid popped to mind, but then realized the Healthy living pyramid is a "food model" and not a program. So instead I talked about Heart foundation and 'Pick the tick' as a program

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 09:59:28 pm »
Dammit there goes 3 marks

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »
@girl1234
I talked about how the HLP contains salt in the 'eat in small amounts' section of the pyramid, encouraging people to reduce their intake of sodium. But I realised it's not a program and wanted to change it but there was no time :( How about you?

i did HLP too, hoping it's accepted!!!!! Should've done heart foundation tick but i ran out of time to change any answers too

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 11:30:22 pm »
i did HLP too, hoping it's accepted!!!!! Should've done heart foundation tick but i ran out of time to change any answers too

omg I called it the Tick Food Approval Program, is that ok?

For the "explain why mental health differs between non-indigenous and indigenous Australians?" I said how Indigenous Australians generally have lower SES > can't afford things blah blah blah > poor mental health?????

hope that's right