Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:34:26 pm

Author Topic: 2015 HHD Exam PDF + Suggested Solutions  (Read 8679 times)  Share 

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: 2015 HHD Exam PDF + Suggested Solutions
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 10:45:18 am »
+1
I'm one of those people who could say something in 100 words that others say in 10 though... and I have massive handwriting :s

for the Mavis question, I stupidly just approached it like a 'how does nutrition address osteoporosis' question and wrote something like
water: consuming more water > flushes out cancerous agents from digestive system (but I thought this was wrong since she's already got cancer
and I did pretty much the same for fibre and that it creates a feeling of fullness etc etc

is that ok?

That's how I would've answered it - and also like how I answered it in my sample answers above.  I agree, bad question - would be interested to see the examiner's report on this one!  While that answer is technically wrong (probably - never know, it may reduce spread of the cancer! that sneaky google of mine didn't really make it clear how diet works once you've got cancer), they gave no indication that we needed to know anything like this and I suspect they'll hand out the marks.  Like how else should we have answered it?  I still don't know...
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

tempest1234

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 06:52:11 pm »
For question 7, i said universal health care instead of universal health coverage. Do you think i will loose all 9 marks for that question?

emmakate

• Adventurer
  • She thought she could, so she did.
  • School: BW
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 07:26:11 pm »
Firstly, you're an absolute legend for doing this!
Secondly - what do you think the marking allocation will be for 11a? It was just 'What is cancer?' but I stuffed it up (stupid, I know) and am wondering if the rest of what I included could have scored me one mark, at least.
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it - because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman.

2015: Health & Human Development
2016: Psychology | Methods | English Language | Literature | Religion and Society

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »
For question 7, i said universal health care instead of universal health coverage. Do you think i will loose all 9 marks for that question?

Definitely not all 9! If any at all just 1 for the name.

RacquelLuntz

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 09:45:16 pm »
Ahhh!!! so for the SHD 6 marker you didn't have to talk about health status??? cause so many people have been saying you had to and i've been stressing!!!
(2014) - Business Management 
(2015) - English, Further Maths, Geography, Health and Human Development, German

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 10:11:41 pm »

Agreed with girl1234, only 1 mark lost.

Secondly - what do you think the marking allocation will be for 11a? It was just 'What is cancer?' but I stuffed it up (stupid, I know) and am wondering if the rest of what I included could have scored me one mark, at least.

What was the rest of what you included?  Can't answer till I know what you wrote :P

Ahhh!!! so for the SHD 6 marker you didn't have to talk about health status??? cause so many people have been saying you had to and i've been stressing!!!

Did you talk about health?  If you mention health and/or health status, you're definitely fine :)  If not, I reckon you'd lose 1-2 marks.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

RacquelLuntz

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:41 pm »

Did you talk about health?  If you mention health and/or health status, you're definitely fine :)  If not, I reckon you'd lose 1-2 marks.

Yeah I mention Health, HD and sustainability, people were arguing though that you had to also include health status with health/hd/sustainability and i was so worried!!
(2014) - Business Management 
(2015) - English, Further Maths, Geography, Health and Human Development, German

randyz

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Melbourne High
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »
Does anyone have a copy of the 2016 exam?