Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 24, 2024, 12:04:46 am

Author Topic: Remarking of Exam  (Read 5563 times)

xsangan

Remarking of Exam
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:04 pm »
Hi,
Recently I viewed my statement of marks and I'm quite convinced that their may be an error with my marks, since the sections I thought I did extremely well on, I apparently scored extremely low. My marks are as followed:
Section A 17/20, 11/20, 11/20 = 39/60 (expected score)
Section B 23/60 (expecting over 40 :o)
Section C 24/60 (expecting close to full marks :o)
Total of 86/180 achieving a C+ (range for this mark is 81-94 which is extremely low compared to the other years)

The only section that I wasn't shocked about was Section A which I thought was my worst section but predicted that I would achieve around 40 marks for, the other two were a complete shock especially Section C which I was certain that I would get at least close to the maximum number of marks allocated. My SAC marks seem to be scaled up by a bit and I am ranked 2-3 in a relatively small cohort. 
My GA as follows A+, A, C+. SS of 33.

I'm expecting an email from VCAA about my inspection of scripts in a few days, so what are the requirements for a remarking of an exam? and also any stories of a successful remarking or experiences with remarking of an exam??

_inspire45

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: -
Re: Remarking of Exam
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 09:33:00 am »
HIII
One of my friend had the same doubt as you and decided to ask Vcaa to remark his exams. His mark ended up changing to a really good score,  so it's good you asked!

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:59:42 am »
I'm expecting an email from VCAA about my inspection of scripts in a few days, so what are the requirements for a remarking of an exam? and also any stories of a successful remarking or experiences with remarking of an exam??

They only remark if there is an objective error (such as them not scanning the exam script properly or the examiner making a mistake in reporting results, or marking being obviously wrong).

It's unlikely there would be an error with marks to be honest, because it is double marked and then triple marked if there is significant difference.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:01:23 am by chasej »
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

xsangan

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 06:13:26 pm »
I've contacted VCAA over a week ago, and have still yet to receive notice about my inspection of scripts. Does the notice about it come by mail or by email? I'm assuming VCAA is on Christmas-New Year holidays? :o

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 01:51:12 am »
I've contacted VCAA over a week ago, and have still yet to receive notice about my inspection of scripts. Does the notice about it come by mail or by email? I'm assuming VCAA is on Christmas-New Year holidays? :o

Did you send the form in all completed or contact them another way?
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

xsangan

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 11:20:57 am »
Did you send the form in all completed or contact them another way?

Yes, I emailed them with an attachment of my form. I received my statement of marks around 10 days ago, so I assume all my info is correct.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:59:53 pm by xsangan »