Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 07, 2024, 12:58:33 am

Author Topic: Ancient History: Greek World 500-440BC and The Near East: Xerxes  (Read 2851 times)  Share 

roshanajabbour

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Hey all, i have two 15 mark questions on both Greek World and Xerxes and I'm wondering what I'd have to include:
1. How important was unity to the Greek states in their victory over the Persians?
2. Evaluate Xerxes success as a diplomatic and administrative leader of the Persian Empire.
P.S. Handy Hints when performing a source analysis would also be appreciated :)
Thank you

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ancient History: Greek World 500-440BC and The Near East: Xerxes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:54:10 pm »
Hey all, i have two 15 mark questions on both Greek World and Xerxes and I'm wondering what I'd have to include:
1. How important was unity to the Greek states in their victory over the Persians?
2. Evaluate Xerxes success as a diplomatic and administrative leader of the Persian Empire.
P.S. Handy Hints when performing a source analysis would also be appreciated :)
Thank you

1. Talk about the Athenian Trireme and how all states were put together to fight the persians and later the spartans. Talk about where the treasury was held, where it moved too, what were the advantages of this trireme and payment into the groupl. You could also talk about what happenes if a state left the trireme as a consequence.

2. I dont know much about Xerxes but if it was me I would state his role in the persian empire and how he formed his army against the trireme. Talk about why he lost the war and what made the trireme superior to his army
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME