Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 02:01:47 pm

Author Topic: Early Entry  (Read 953 times)

kneehaha

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Early Entry
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:15:30 pm »
Hey,
I am currently in my HSC year, and im full of questions.

I am looking to do Law/business in uni however, the 90+ atar throws me off. I was wondering, could someone please explain the concept of Early entry, just so i can give it a shot when the time come.

Thanksss :))

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Early Entry
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:53:36 pm »
+1
Hey,
I am currently in my HSC year, and im full of questions.

I am looking to do Law/business in uni however, the 90+ atar throws me off. I was wondering, could someone please explain the concept of Early entry, just so i can give it a shot when the time come.

Thanksss :))
Hey Kneehaha! Well you're definitely in the right place if you have HSC related questions  ;D
First of all, please don't be thrown off by any atar cutoff! Remember that anything is possible with a little hard work  :) (+ most uni's actually accept a lot of people will lower atars than the cutoff). However it's definitely a good idea to look into early entry, because it's a great safety net if you don't get you're desired atar, and also helps to put your mind at ease if you're stressed about offers, as (if you are accepted) you know that no matter what happens you have a spot at uni. Now I'm not an expert on this, but as far as I'm aware the most common forms of early entry are Educational Access Scheme (EAS), which is applicable for individuals that have had to endure disadvantageous situations that would have negatively affected their HSC performance, and Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS), where your school provides you with a reference (there's also another one called the Early Offer Program but I'm not 100% sure who is eligible for that one!). I think some uni's have their own programs as well, but that is something you'll have to look into. Essentially it just means that a uni may offer you a place within the course before you have sat your exams and/or your results have been released. These offers can be conditional or unconditional. Hope this helps! As I said I'm no expert, but this is what I gathered from year meetings during my own hsc :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:55:35 pm by sudodds »
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!