Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 02:14:52 am

Author Topic: Harder 3 Unit Textbook, which is the best??  (Read 1868 times)  Share 

frog0101

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Harder 3 Unit Textbook, which is the best??
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:10:43 am »
In terms of the similarity to the HSC, and also the range of questions, what is the best textbook for Harder 3 Unit, but in particular inequalities?
Are there any textbooks that have really good theory on the topics or any to stay away from?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Harder 3 Unit Textbook, which is the best??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 11:16:25 am »
There is no such thing as a "best" textbook for anything.

Most textbooks are decent for inequality proofs but textbooks such as Cambridge can be excessive. Terry Lee is probably a "better" one so long as the difficulty isn't drowning. From memory some of the questions in Patel's foundations of 4U weren't that bad either.

The only thing that's the "best" is past papers.

beau77bro

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
Harder 3 Unit Textbook, which is the best??
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 10:41:28 am »
there is a terrific textbook at my school for harder ext 1- it has terrific worked examples and awesome solutions. It has about 25 harder/really good questions for each subtopic -trig, inequalities, induction, circle geo and probability. Really good. Ill post the name when i find it. I haven't looked at many others but ive done alot of terry lee and sydney grammar. the solutions are ATARNOTES esk and super detailed/helpful

the book is kinny-lewis

Mod edit: Posts merged; please use the modify function at a time like this to refrain from double posting
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:24:12 pm by RuiAce »