Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 06, 2024, 12:34:20 am

Author Topic: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC  (Read 74816 times)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
Re: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2018, 07:41:31 pm »
Omg what the hell, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?? Those ranks are insanely good haha, how much do you study per week would you say?

Honestly I don't even know! My study will usually vary but definitely increases during exam periods. On normal days, I might start writing an essay, doing practice papers or consolidating my notes. I do forgo a lot of social events though to study (literally the biggest nerd) but I also do work so I guess its a good balance!
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2018, 06:08:25 pm »
Honestly I don't even know! My study will usually vary but definitely increases during exam periods. On normal days, I might start writing an essay, doing practice papers or consolidating my notes. I do forgo a lot of social events though to study (literally the biggest nerd) but I also do work so I guess its a good balance!

Hahaha omg that's basically a description of me!! I think I'm generally pretty chill in my approach to studying but my peers and teachers I'm a huge nerd lol. I legit went out to Vivid last Friday with my friends for the first time fucking ages lol, but I've also been working 20 hours/week so by no means am I studying 24/7. I definitely want to amp up my studying hours for the upcoming assessments so that I can crack a few more 90s than I have! ah. Do you work during assessment periods?
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2018, 07:01:58 pm »
Hahaha omg that's basically a description of me!! I think I'm generally pretty chill in my approach to studying but my peers and teachers I'm a huge nerd lol. I legit went out to Vivid last Friday with my friends for the first time fucking ages lol, but I've also been working 20 hours/week so by no means am I studying 24/7. I definitely want to amp up my studying hours for the upcoming assessments so that I can crack a few more 90s than I have! ah. Do you work during assessment periods?

Nope, I always take work off during like major assessment periods. This is literally going to sound so titf but I have literally taken 1/3 of the year off in leave (half-yearlies, trials and actual HSC). Literally told my boss I had to take all this leave and he was like no you can't and I was like lmao if you don't let me take it, I'll resign on the spot right now. Then he was like ohhhhh no you can take the leave and I was actually like LOL.

But yes me taking leave during the half yearlies, I can confidently tell you it was literally the best decision I ever made. Literally needed it so much and it paid off
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2018, 07:01:46 pm »

Nope, I always take work off during like major assessment periods. This is literally going to sound so titf but I have literally taken 1/3 of the year off in leave (half-yearlies, trials and actual HSC). Literally told my boss I had to take all this leave and he was like no you can't and I was like lmao if you don't let me take it, I'll resign on the spot right now. Then he was like ohhhhh no you can take the leave and I was actually like LOL.

But yes me taking leave during the half yearlies, I can confidently tell you it was literally the best decision I ever made. Literally needed it so much and it paid off

Hahahah omg legit though, that's me. I'm considering resigning because I feel so annoying stopping work for 3 weeks at a time so much, that I'd rather just not bother lol. But at the same time, I love my job so I legit have no clue what to do. I took time off for half yearlies aswell, and it was amazing, but I didn't for my first term assessments because it was too late! I ended up working 30 hours that week and thankgod my marks ended up fine, but it was the most stressful week of my life haha! I thought I was going to ruin my clean slate for the HSC lol. Do you get paid for leave or are you casual? Because I'm the latter haha so idk if continuing is worth it. One of the other experienced employees is going on a 3 month trip to Europe while I'm going to be in my trials, so my boss told me that I'll be working more then but I didnt register that I'd have exams then for some reason so I obliged. AND NOW IDK WHAT TO DO HAHA, I'll probs do the same thing as you tbh
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2018, 09:01:27 pm »
Hahahah omg legit though, that's me. I'm considering resigning because I feel so annoying stopping work for 3 weeks at a time so much, that I'd rather just not bother lol. But at the same time, I love my job so I legit have no clue what to do. I took time off for half yearlies aswell, and it was amazing, but I didn't for my first term assessments because it was too late! I ended up working 30 hours that week and thankgod my marks ended up fine, but it was the most stressful week of my life haha! I thought I was going to ruin my clean slate for the HSC lol. Do you get paid for leave or are you casual? Because I'm the latter haha so idk if continuing is worth it. One of the other experienced employees is going on a 3 month trip to Europe while I'm going to be in my trials, so my boss told me that I'll be working more then but I didnt register that I'd have exams then for some reason so I obliged. AND NOW IDK WHAT TO DO HAHA, I'll probs do the same thing as you tbh

Ohh dude, I hope you get the leave omg!! And 30 hours a week geez, its like you're almost working full time!

I am just a casual but I honestly so sick of my job like I've been there for 3 years and I am literally over it. I was gonna do like a freeze my employment thing for Year 12 but then I would have no income and I was like like well shit because I literally love spending money.

On a side note, I literally just looked at your journal and was like lol because literally all the last posts are just like us having a conversation AHAHAHAHA

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2018, 01:28:15 pm »

Ohh dude, I hope you get the leave omg!! And 30 hours a week geez, its like you're almost working full time!

I am just a casual but I honestly so sick of my job like I've been there for 3 years and I am literally over it. I was gonna do like a freeze my employment thing for Year 12 but then I would have no income and I was like like well shit because I literally love spending money.

On a side note, I literally just looked at your journal and was like lol because literally all the last posts are just like us having a conversation AHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA LEGIT! Do you work in retail or? I've only been at my job for a year and I'm already kinda sick of it - the people are great but it just gets so tiring because it's so fucking busy all the damn time. I don't want to quit though because I like the confidence of being an experienced worker and I've been offered a promotion as well - I hate the feeling of being the newbie lol, going through that process is actually hell. I had a job before my current one for 2 years, and got sick of it too. I feel like I'd have a lot of freedom without a job - I am always perpetually dreading it for the entire week in advance - but then again I don't feel it's impeding my school performance and I would not be able to study 24/7. I'm dedicated, but not that dedicated lmao.

I could probably live off my savings tbh for the rest of the HSC because I work quite a lot per week (usually ~17 hours) so my average propensity to spend is quite little in comparison (lol eco ftw) - all my money is spent on rent and food haha!! I literally don't have time to shop jahaha. Hence, I have a decent amount in savings - but I hate seeing that amount decrease y'know?

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2018, 04:45:25 pm »
+3
I've received a bunch of assessment notifications in the past few days unfortunately, and it's lowkey stressing me out. The dates that I know of so far are;

Multimedia - 8th June
Legal - 12th June
English Advanced - 18th June
Economics - 18th & 20th June (2 parts)

Not sure about maths, but hopefully it's NOT in the middle of legal and english, because that'd be hell. I really have to get 90+ in all of these assessments to pull all my ranks up into the top 3, seriously. However, the English Advanced assessment (Mod B - Hamlet) seems to be quite hard. We not only have no clue what the question is, but we also have no clue what excerpt of the text we'll have to write about until the day!! My rank is going to drop miserably as a result - I'm almost certain about that. Obviously I'm going to do mountains of practice essays, but I don't know how many I'll be able to do in the midst of everything else ughh. I'm probably going to take 2 weeks off work for it tbh.

I've finished my legal and multimedia assignments already, I've been killing myself just to get them over with. I'm planning to do heaps of practice essays over the weekend for legal and economics - I want to do atleast 2-3. I got feedback for first draft from my legal teacher today, and she made only a few minor changes THANKGOD. Writing a world order essay is so much harder than crime imo, so I thought I absolutely bombed it. I feel so annoying because I keep bombarding her with questions lmao. I don't want to be too complacent though, so I'll make sure I do heaps of practice leading up to the assessment which is in 2 weeks time. I know I've completed these so early, but my upcoming assessments are legit SO crammed together so I want to free up as much time as possible before the "stress period" comes. I legit have Eco and English Advanced on the same day - which is not good at ALL because I'm the least confident for both of them.

I did a practice essay for eco yesterday, and was in the midst of typing that up today with improvements. I still have to alter my multimedia assignment to report form though, which I've been putting off for the longest time honestly. I'll probably do it tonight after work... woo

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2018, 05:23:20 pm »
I've received a bunch of assessment notifications in the past few days unfortunately, and it's lowkey stressing me out. The dates that I know of so far are;

Multimedia - 8th June
Legal - 12th June
English Advanced - 18th June
Economics - 18th & 20th June (2 parts)

Not sure about maths, but hopefully it's NOT in the middle of legal and english, because that'd be hell. I really have to get 90+ in all of these assessments to pull all my ranks up into the top 3, seriously. However, the English Advanced assessment (Mod B - Hamlet) seems to be quite hard. We not only have no clue what the question is, but we also have no clue what excerpt of the text we'll have to write about until the day!! My rank is going to drop miserably as a result - I'm almost certain about that. Obviously I'm going to do mountains of practice essays, but I don't know how many I'll be able to do in the midst of everything else ughh. I'm probably going to take 2 weeks off work for it tbh.

I've finished my legal and multimedia assignments already, I've been killing myself just to get them over with. I'm planning to do heaps of practice essays over the weekend for legal and economics - I want to do atleast 2-3. I got feedback for first draft from my legal teacher today, and she made only a few minor changes THANKGOD. Writing a world order essay is so much harder than crime imo, so I thought I absolutely bombed it. I feel so annoying because I keep bombarding her with questions lmao. I don't want to be too complacent though, so I'll make sure I do heaps of practice leading up to the assessment which is in 2 weeks time. I know I've completed these so early, but my upcoming assessments are legit SO crammed together so I want to free up as much time as possible before the "stress period" comes. I legit have Eco and English Advanced on the same day - which is not good at ALL because I'm the least confident for both of them.

I did a practice essay for eco yesterday, and was in the midst of typing that up today with improvements. I still have to alter my multimedia assignment to report form though, which I've been putting off for the longest time honestly. I'll probably do it tonight after work... woo

OMG why is this actually me!! I had my eco exam last Monday and I literally don't even know about it. I then have maths on the 7th, business on the 8th, legal on the 14th, SOR on the 18th and english on the 25th. I might just cry already!

Oh you're doing world order! I did world order straight after crime and I actually loved it so if you ever need any help (and you probably won't because you're so good) just hmu! I'm doing my last topic now which is human rights and we are literally going to finish the whole legal course in 2ish weeks which is scary.

I am sure you'll be so sweet with eco and english! From all the help you have been giving me and others, I am beyond sure you will smash it! ;D

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2018, 10:30:26 pm »
OMG why is this actually me!! I had my eco exam last Monday and I literally don't even know about it. I then have maths on the 7th, business on the 8th, legal on the 14th, SOR on the 18th and english on the 25th. I might just cry already!

Oh you're doing world order! I did world order straight after crime and I actually loved it so if you ever need any help (and you probably won't because you're so good) just hmu! I'm doing my last topic now which is human rights and we are literally going to finish the whole legal course in 2ish weeks which is scary.

I am sure you'll be so sweet with eco and english! From all the help you have been giving me and others, I am beyond sure you will smash it! ;D

HAHAHAHA DUDE WHAT??? How are you even close to finishing the whole legal course - we've basically just started world order and haven't even started our second option (family) yet!! That's actually insane - have you finished all the modules and stuff for English aswell? I'm pretty sure our school will still be learning stuff in the middle of trials lmao - when are your trials?

And aw thanks, it's so good hey! There were legit so many things I wanted to address in my essay (Syria, Libya, Nuclear Weapons, South China Sea etc) but I got so passionate about one issue that my first paragraph alone was like fucking 450 words hahaha!

I hope soo!! Same with you though, you literally seem so on top of your studies that regardless of your timetable, you'll do amazing. I think you'll be fine for eco particularly - didn't you say you thought you bombed your other one aswell and ended up topping? HAHAH btw what was your eco assessment on? My one is an economic issues essay on employment and/or inflation, but again I have no clue what the question is. The fact that it could be either one, or both, is seriously throwing me off. My teacher also loves throwing curveballs so he's probably going to add in something about automatic stabilisers or macroeconomic/microeconomic policies or price stability or some other obscure shit - so fuck me!! I'll probably write out a practise essay on each possibility under timed conditions but man if the question is something crazy, I'm actually going to die HAHAHA. I have a tendency to just write random stuff without actually thinking in those circumstances, so the direction of my argument becomes super unclear. I'm really hoping to beat this other guy in my class who is sitting above me on 1 fucking mark. I'm so competitive lmao but it makes it fun tbh HAHAHA

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:36:52 pm by Lumenoria »

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2018, 06:48:32 pm »
+1
HAHAHAHA DUDE WHAT??? How are you even close to finishing the whole legal course - we've basically just started world order and haven't even started our second option (family) yet!! That's actually insane - have you finished all the modules and stuff for English aswell? I'm pretty sure our school will still be learning stuff in the middle of trials lmao - when are your trials?

And aw thanks, it's so good hey! There were legit so many things I wanted to address in my essay (Syria, Libya, Nuclear Weapons, South China Sea etc) but I got so passionate about one issue that my first paragraph alone was like fucking 450 words hahaha!

I hope soo!! Same with you though, you literally seem so on top of your studies that regardless of your timetable, you'll do amazing. I think you'll be fine for eco particularly - didn't you say you thought you bombed your other one aswell and ended up topping? HAHAH btw what was your eco assessment on? My one is an economic issues essay on employment and/or inflation, but again I have no clue what the question is. The fact that it could be either one, or both, is seriously throwing me off. My teacher also loves throwing curveballs so he's probably going to add in something about automatic stabilisers or macroeconomic/microeconomic policies or price stability or some other obscure shit - so fuck me!! I'll probably write out a practise essay on each possibility under timed conditions but man if the question is something crazy, I'm actually going to die HAHAHA. I have a tendency to just write random stuff without actually thinking in those circumstances, so the direction of my argument becomes super unclear. I'm really hoping to beat this other guy in my class who is sitting above me on 1 fucking mark. I'm so competitive lmao but it makes it fun tbh HAHAHA

I KNOW!! My teacher likes to move quick with the course so basically from week 8 we will just do revision all the way to the actual HSC. I haven't finished all the modules for English yet. I'm currently doing Mod A (Richard) and then just have Mod B left (Elliot). I think my trials are in Week 3 of Term 3.

Omg yes the world order essay I had the exact same issue as you! I did a world order essay in my half yearly and I literally did 6 issues because I thought I needed everything. However, my teacher said my argument got lost towards the end because I was doing too many issues so I only ended up getting 22/25 which is still pretty good imo! I reckon just go with like 4 issues but do them really well. Thats what I am gonna do for my consumer essay next week.

Ahhh eco! It was like half assignment and half exam. We did literally a 35 question assignment on the new Budget and then had 15 multiple choice exam in class so the teacher could 'differentiate' us because she thinks we are all gonna get full marks in the assignment bit (which I highly doubt). However, she only gave us 20 minutes to do 15 multiple choice and literally 3/4 of the questions were calculations and they legit took so long to do. I already know I 100% got one wrong so I hope I did okay in the rest. There was literally one question that I had done 4 times and there was legit no correct answer so she literally started to try and talk to me about it during the exam and I was like omg miss this is wasting my time.

I'm sure you'll do amazing in your eco exam! However, I don't really like micro reform that much, I'm definitely more of a macro girl but that isn't good considering most of Topic 4 is micro ah. I 100% believe you will beat the other guy and then we can both come out on top AHAHAHA

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2018, 01:54:04 pm »

I KNOW!! My teacher likes to move quick with the course so basically from week 8 we will just do revision all the way to the actual HSC. I haven't finished all the modules for English yet. I'm currently doing Mod A (Richard) and then just have Mod B left (Elliot). I think my trials are in Week 3 of Term 3.

Omg yes the world order essay I had the exact same issue as you! I did a world order essay in my half yearly and I literally did 6 issues because I thought I needed everything. However, my teacher said my argument got lost towards the end because I was doing too many issues so I only ended up getting 22/25 which is still pretty good imo! I reckon just go with like 4 issues but do them really well. Thats what I am gonna do for my consumer essay next week.

Ahhh eco! It was like half assignment and half exam. We did literally a 35 question assignment on the new Budget and then had 15 multiple choice exam in class so the teacher could 'differentiate' us because she thinks we are all gonna get full marks in the assignment bit (which I highly doubt). However, she only gave us 20 minutes to do 15 multiple choice and literally 3/4 of the questions were calculations and they legit took so long to do. I already know I 100% got one wrong so I hope I did okay in the rest. There was literally one question that I had done 4 times and there was legit no correct answer so she literally started to try and talk to me about it during the exam and I was like omg miss this is wasting my time.

I'm sure you'll do amazing in your eco exam! However, I don't really like micro reform that much, I'm definitely more of a macro girl but that isn't good considering most of Topic 4 is micro ah. I 100% believe you will beat the other guy and then we can both come out on top AHAHAHA

Oh fair enough - 22/25 is pretty good all things considered though! I'm really worried about this world order essay because I reckon it's much more difficult to keep a sustained argument throughout than in crime per se. I've gotten full marks on every essay for legal for the past 3 assessments, so I have a weird ass feeling I'm going to fluke this one. I've done like 3 issues in depth but I'm going to prepare a few extra little paragraphs in case the question is not what I'm expecting haha! Like I usually do 3 fat paragraphs in my essays and end up obviously being fine, but I feel more secure if I have 4 - though I probably wont have the time to write out that many. I have a feeling that this essay is gonna be on legal and non legal responses which is alright, but it's just kinda annoying when the distinction between legal and non legal responses become a bit fuzzy, you know? Ugh

Omfg that eco assignment legit sounds brutal, especially with multiple choice!! That shit is legit the bane of my existence, I always take 2 years ruminating about a single question omfg. I hope it turns out in your favour girl!

Same, macro is my go to aswell. I'm praying to god it's not micro lmao

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2018, 09:47:25 pm »

Oh fair enough - 22/25 is pretty good all things considered though! I'm really worried about this world order essay because I reckon it's much more difficult to keep a sustained argument throughout than in crime per se. I've gotten full marks on every essay for legal for the past 3 assessments, so I have a weird ass feeling I'm going to fluke this one. I've done like 3 issues in depth but I'm going to prepare a few extra little paragraphs in case the question is not what I'm expecting haha! Like I usually do 3 fat paragraphs in my essays and end up obviously being fine, but I feel more secure if I have 4 - though I probably wont have the time to write out that many. I have a feeling that this essay is gonna be on legal and non legal responses which is alright, but it's just kinda annoying when the distinction between legal and non legal responses become a bit fuzzy, you know? Ugh

Omfg that eco assignment legit sounds brutal, especially with multiple choice!! That shit is legit the bane of my existence, I always take 2 years ruminating about a single question omfg. I hope it turns out in your favour girl!

Same, macro is my go to aswell. I'm praying to god it's not micro lmao

omg congrats on full marks i’m every legal essay like wtf that’s actually so impressive i’m so jealous!! my essay question for WO was literally so hard it was the changing ethical values and standards theme and challenge like honestly.

100% agree on the non-legal and legal responses sometimes it literally becomes so hard to differentiate and then i sit there for so long contemplating what to write AHAH

also full just saw your post on olivia’s journal. i was full gonna come to the expo as well because the school gave us free tickets but i honestly just cbf lmao. we could have met up if we both actually went AHAH

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2018, 10:37:39 pm »
omg congrats on full marks i’m every legal essay like wtf that’s actually so impressive i’m so jealous!! my essay question for WO was literally so hard it was the changing ethical values and standards theme and challenge like honestly.

100% agree on the non-legal and legal responses sometimes it literally becomes so hard to differentiate and then i sit there for so long contemplating what to write AHAH

also full just saw your post on olivia’s journal. i was full gonna come to the expo as well because the school gave us free tickets but i honestly just cbf lmao. we could have met up if we both actually went AHAH

HAHAH aw thanks! OMG that is brutal, I'd probably paralysed on the spot if I got that tbh. Idk why but I have this weird feeling the question might be "To what extent is the UN the only means of achieving world order" or something along those lines. I have so much content to pump out that I can't even afford to waste time on thinking hahahahaha. For part A of this assessment, we have a research activity and it revolves around legal/non legal measures but I feel like that actually being the question is too good to be true hahaha. I'm so paranoid because in my half yearlies, I was legit so intent the crime question would be on young offenders and it ended up being on fucking discretion HAHAHAHA

OMG you should've told me!! Haha I was actually so intent on going, I even n/a'ed for work on the possibility of me going but I ended up psyching myself out of it. I feel like I rarely contribute here in prolonged discussions (besides our conversations lmao) and stuff besides the occasional post on the economics forum and ofc the HSC journal, so I was lowkey paranoid I'd meet up with someone here and be fraught with awkward silence or something lmao. I really want to meet people here though before the HSC experience ends and it's too late, so hmu if you go to the upcoming lectures or something and I'll come haha
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:42:56 pm by Lumenoria »

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2018, 10:58:21 pm »
HAHAH aw thanks! OMG that is brutal, I'd probably paralysed on the spot if I got that tbh. Idk why but I have this weird feeling the question might be "To what extent is the UN the only means of achieving world order" or something along those lines. I have so much content to pump out that I can't even afford to waste time on thinking hahahahaha. For part A of this assessment, we have a research activity and it revolves around legal/non legal measures but I feel like that actually being the question is too good to be true hahaha. I'm so paranoid because in my half yearlies, I was legit so intent the crime question would be on young offenders and it ended up being on fucking discretion HAHAHAHA

OMG you should've told me!! Haha I was actually so intent on going, I even n/a'ed for work on the possibility of me going but I ended up psyching myself out of it. I feel like I rarely contribute here in prolonged discussions (besides our conversations lmao) and stuff besides the occasional post on the economics forum and ofc the HSC journal, so I was lowkey paranoid I'd meet up with someone here and be fraught with awkward silence or something lmao. I really want to meet people here though before the HSC experience ends and it's too late, so hmu if you go to the upcoming lectures or something and I'll come haha

I'm pretty sure I am gonna go to business and economics lectures these holidays (just because I am curious to see the economics lecturer in action) so let me know if you are gonna come!!

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2018, 10:52:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure I am gonna go to business and economics lectures these holidays (just because I am curious to see the economics lecturer in action) so let me know if you are gonna come!!

Will do!