Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 11:59:28 am

Author Topic: Content memorisaiton  (Read 1552 times)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Content memorisaiton
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:48:46 pm »
Heeeeyyyy guys!!(sorry just discovered this and how hectic is it!!!!!)

What are your best tips on how to memorise a lot of content? In particular I am talking about memorising Legal LCMID's alongside quotes for English!
  :-[ any good methods?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
Re: Content memorisaiton
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:56:01 pm »
+5
Hey!

Methods I use:
- A LOT of flashcards (I've used ~300, welp)
- Stick up pieces of paper around the house with quotes/formulas
- A3/4 summaries
- Talking out loud to yourself
- Teaching others: Honestly the best method for me imo :)

Edit: Mindmaps, flowcharts, timelines (good for breaking up huge chunks of text)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:27:54 pm by Jess1113 »
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:26:11 pm »
+4
Try this for essays or anything you must remember word for word:
memorizer.me
It forces you to memorise word after word, and it gives you less clues everytime. For example, in the first round, it gives you the first letter of the word and gets tricker and tricker by giving you less and less each time

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
+3
Flashcards for content is super useful for me; bring them everywhere with you and it'll drill into your brain eventually. This might be tmi, but I have a tendency to stay on the toilet for WAAAY too long because I cbf to get up lol, and instead of bringing my phone, I bring my flashcards so that I'm practically forced to go over them heaps. It helps more than you'd realise—this is the method I use for content in essentially all of my theory based subjects :)
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 11:48:34 pm »
+3
Hey!
- I have flashcards at the moment for quite a few of my subjects (Extension, Ancient, Legal and Hospitality). I have both paper flashcards and also use Quizlet on my phone/internet. Because it is on my phone, I study them in the car and while I'm out as well.
- I will record myself saying the quotes on Voice Memos on my phone and then listen to it over and over.
- I have a whiteboard and at the moment I have spent time each morning writing or rewriting a set of quotes on it (through this I have almost learnt all of my AOS quotes).
- Timelines and tables (especially ones with all of your important evidence. For Ancient I do all of the quotes and archeological evidence. For legal, you could probably do laws/media articles/cases)
- Teaching others: Tbh I prefer answering a question on here then writing an essay for any of my subjects. Being able to explain a concept really well to others helps remember it yourself and it has forced me to look over my notes before.
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Savas_P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 02:14:31 pm »
remember the difference between being able to recognise and know the work, I recommend watching Crash Course study skills on youtube. unfortunately you will need to keep writing out your notes until you can easily recite the information.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:16:33 pm by Savas_P »