Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 21, 2024, 07:10:19 am

Author Topic: 2nd round offer  (Read 1987 times)  Share 

yogabagaba

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
2nd round offer
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:09:14 pm »
Hi....
I have just graduated school and as you know offers came out yesterday. I got my offer at RMIT which was my third preference. I want my first preference, I have all the prerequisites but I am 0.05 off from the clearly-inn ATAR. Will I get it in my second round? And yea it is a Monash course

Plzz let me know

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: 2nd round offer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:11:19 pm »
Hi....
I have just graduated school and as you know offers came out yesterday. I got my offer at RMIT which was my third preference. I want my first preference, I have all the prerequisites but I am 0.05 off from the clearly-inn ATAR. Will I get it in my second round? And yea it is a Monash course

Plzz let me know

So you had the Monash course as your first preference during the first round and got offered your third preference?

Okay.. so this means the selectors did not pick you for the first round for admission into the course. What I would say is, given this, it is unlikely that you'll be offered the same thing in the 2nd round, if you were not selected the first time around. Most course offers go during the first round.

That being said, there is still a chance depending on your ranking / order by the selectors during the 2nd round. Keep it as your first preference in the 2nd round. My gut feeling though, is that given you were not offered a place being only 0.05 under the clearly-in, that the number of places has been filled due to the strong strength of the applicants (all being above the clearly-in).

That really sucks, regardless. It's brutal, the selection process. No leniency.

Accept the third preference at RMIT just incase, so you have something if the 2nd round doesn't work out how you want it to. You can withdraw from it if you get offered the Monash one in the 2nd round. For the 2nd round, make sure any course you want to be considered for is above the position of the preference which you were offered in the 1st round (the RMIT one). Any course above your RMIT one will be considered (nothing below gets considered).

Good luck :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:15:56 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile