Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 08, 2024, 01:46:59 pm

Author Topic: English Advanced: Discovery Essay (Che Guevara + 2x related)  (Read 899 times)

vikasarkalgud

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
English Advanced: Discovery Essay (Che Guevara + 2x related)
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:32:56 pm »
Hey, I'm not sure where or how I'm meant to be post this. Would I be able to get some pointers on this essay plz? Teacher instructed for essay to be 1000 words with 2 related texts.zzz. Finding it impossible, as well as very hard to get a 50/50 distributed between core and 2 related. Any help would be appreciated ty :)

Whoops accidentally posted with an old comment at the end of essay. It is actually around 1.3k words not 1.1k

rasha25

• Forum Regular
  • The world looks better upside down
  • Respect: +3
Re: English Advanced: Discovery Essay (Che Guevara + 2x related)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 06:39:53 pm »
Hey, I'm not sure where or how I'm meant to be post this. Would I be able to get some pointers on this essay plz? Teacher instructed for essay to be 1000 words with 2 related texts.zzz. Finding it impossible, as well as very hard to get a 50/50 distributed between core and 2 related. Any help would be appreciated ty :)

Whoops accidentally posted with an old comment at the end of essay. It is actually around 1.3k words not 1.1k

Hey! I completely understand what your talking about, I had to do the same thing for my preliminary essay for English. Personally, I found it hard to balance out the texts evenly but in the end I stuck to a specific structure based on my themes. Here is how I planned it before I wrote:

Para 1: Insert theme
-  I made sure to select two texts that best demonstrated the theme I was writing about in this paragraph and decided to give 3-4 quotes per text. However, the number would vary depending on the length of my analysis per quote.
- Basically in this paragraph you would have your core text and one related that fitted the theme the most, than the next paragraph would have the core and the other related that you haven't used yet and so on..

Note: Personally, I wouldn't recommend comparing (writing about) the 2 related in one paragraph but rather in each paragraph mention your core and then the related text of your choice that best suits the paragraph's themes.

Hope this was somewhat helpful, I'll get to reading your essay and making notes on it shortly. Have a lovely day  :)
~ 2018 ~
Advanced English | Legal Studies | Modern History | Society & Culture | Studies of Religion | Extension History | Business Studies