Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 24, 2024, 12:49:06 am

Author Topic: Help attacking a 1500 word essay.  (Read 1267 times)  Share 

aryan.gupta1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help attacking a 1500 word essay.
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:06:27 pm »
Question: “Christianity is not a theory or a speculation, but a life, not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process”- Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
With reference to the quotation, and from your understanding of the Christian religious tradition, evaluate the importance of Christianity in the life of an individual Christian adherent and the Christian community

Introduction
With over 2.1 billion adherents worldwide, Christianity is considered as the world's largest religion. According to Samuel Taylor Coleridge, “Christianity is not a theory or a speculation, but a life, not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process”. Therefore, It can be argued that Christianity is extremely significant in the lives of individual Christian adherents and the Christian community as its promulgated through the teachings of St Paul, the Christian ethical teachings and the Christian teachings of Baptism.

Paragraph 1
St Paul of Tarsus is considered as one of the most integral figures in the history of Christianity. This is because through Paul’s contribution towards Christianity he demonstrated the significance of Christianity in the lives of individual Christian adherents and the Christian community. Paul’s contribution is evident through his writings and his teachings. For instance Paul formulated the Christian doctrine which interpreted the ministry of Jesus Christ. For example, Paul interpreted Jesus’ role in God’s plan for salvation, which is evident in his letter to the Romans where he stated that “righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ” (Romans 3:22) suggesting that Jesus had the power to overcome sin and evil. Paul further reiterates this by stating “We were buried therefore with him through baptism to death… so we also might walk into newness of life” (Romans 6:4) as he suggests the Christians adherents can embrace God’s plan for salvation by becoming a part of Jesus through baptism. Consequently, it can be argued that Paul’s contribution towards Christianity demonstrated the significance of Christianity in the lives of the individual Christian adherents and the Christian community as this is evident through the Christian doctrine, where Paul interpreted the ministry of Jesus Christ; so that Christian adherents can properly understand Jesus’ ministry.

Just wanted to know whether I'm on the right track :|
Thanks in advance !!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Help attacking a 1500 word essay.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 01:31:41 pm »
Hi there! I think your introduction is solid, definitely answers the question, but you could delve a little deeper. Why exactly do the elements you've listed make Christianity more relevant to adherents? What exactly about Christianity do the element promulgate? The texts, the beliefs, the doctrine?

In your paragraph, make sure the question is answered in the first sentence, rather than the second as you have done (you could merge the two). Try and cut down the quotes to give yourself more room for analysis. The evidence is good, I just want more obvious/stronger links to exactly how the teachings are relevant in daily life :)

aryan.gupta1

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 04:34:30 pm »
Thankyou !! :)

aryan.gupta1

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 03:18:44 pm »
Hi, sorry to be such a pest  :D , I've completed a full draft on this question and was just wondering if I could get some feedback.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:13:50 pm »
Hi, sorry to be such a pest  :D , I've completed a full draft on this question and was just wondering if I could get some feedback.

Not a pest at all :) see the attached doc!