Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 11:53:07 am

Author Topic: Australian Mathematics Competition Year 8  (Read 1404 times)  Share 

ashaaz

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Australian Mathematics Competition Year 8
« on: July 09, 2018, 11:43:56 am »
I am looking for AMC past year8 paper for practising. Anyone is having and happy to share.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Australian Mathematics Competition Year 8
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 12:11:30 pm »
+1
From what I can see, these past papers are copyrighted and need to be bought. Requesting free access to copyrighted materials is strictly forbidden as per the forum rules.

Aqualim

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:12:59 pm »
+1
From what I can see, these past papers are copyrighted and need to be bought. Requesting free access to copyrighted materials is strictly forbidden as per the forum rules.

Also you're in Year 8, have fun at school! No need to worry about competitions at that stage.

Not that I condone this, but I didn't start taking school seriously till Year 11 :/

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:33:50 pm »
+1
Also you're in Year 8, have fun at school! No need to worry about competitions at that stage.

Not that I condone this, but I didn't start taking school seriously till Year 11 :/
I'd say in this regard, let them do what they want. Competitions were still great fun to do at the time no matter how badly I sucked at it. The AMC allows young minds to explore areas of maths that would typically be ignored in high school for a while.

(And now that I'm older, the competitions at my level have become near impossible for me, and I don't have enough time like I did back then to attempt them anymore.)

ashaaz

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 11:53:45 am »
Thanks everyone. I recently moved to sydney from India. There back in india, I used to prepare for Olympiad exams and I used to prepare. After filling the competition forms here, I scratch my head for books or materials :).