Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 10:47:24 am

Author Topic: Vertigo  (Read 4487 times)  Share 

SilencedCries

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Vertigo
« on: July 27, 2018, 05:41:56 pm »
Hey all,
I'm just asking out of curiosity, if by any chance if any here have studied Amanda Lohrey's novella vertigo, how could one phrase the firestorm as step towards renewal for Luke and Anna's relationship?
I'm kind of bummed out at the moment, being that I can't seem to find any relevant quotes and all...

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Vertigo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:48:14 pm »
Hi,

I actually studied Vertigo last year!

The firestorm is a step towards renewal because it allows L+A to move on from their grief - previously, they had found different ways to cope with their loss, like Anna and her visions/fascination with trees (is that right lol I haven't written about this text in ages) and Luke's bird watching. The firestorm allows them to come together.

Hope this helps!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

SilencedCries

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Vertigo
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 04:52:07 pm »
Hi,

I actually studied Vertigo last year!

The firestorm is a step towards renewal because it allows L+A to move on from their grief - previously, they had found different ways to cope with their loss, like Anna and her visions/fascination with trees (is that right lol I haven't written about this text in ages) and Luke's bird watching. The firestorm allows them to come together.

Hope this helps!

It sure did!
I also found other examples of how they both deal with grief, and eventually used the firestorm as you stated before to tie it all together.
Thanks heaps