Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 06, 2024, 05:10:14 am

Author Topic: Can I still achieve the ATAR I want?  (Read 1417 times)

kylieandersen

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I still achieve the ATAR I want?
« on: August 21, 2018, 03:46:00 pm »
Hi,

I have finished my trials and know that I have failed my maths exam. This is what I believe my internal marks will be:

Maths - around 37 (Ranking around 19/23)
Earth & Environmental - 79.5 (Ranking 1st)
Biology - around 75 (Ranking 10th)
PDHPE - 85 (Ranking 1st)
English - 75 (Ranking 8th)

I want to get an atar of 90+. I missed practically all the maths course this year. If I get above 90 in all my HSC external exams can I still get 90+ atar?
Also, if I get about 70 or above in maths and 90+ in all other subjects can I get 90+ atar?

I'm stressed  :(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Can I still achieve the ATAR I want?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »
+4
Hi Kylie! Welcome to the forums ;D

An ATAR of 90+ is still possible for you if you smash the exams, especially given that your ranks are really good overall! Work hard to bring 2U up as high as you can, failing a course will make it super difficult to get into the high ranges, and since your rank isn't as strong there you need to maximise your result in the HSC to offset that.

Otherwise, bring everything else as high as it can go to offset the Maths mark. If you do super well in the other stuff, that makes Maths less important ;D

Don't be stressed! Figure out why you didn't do as well as you liked, come up with a plan to fix those issues, and work as hard as you can ;D

gocelazareski123

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 10:07:51 pm »
Hey guys

Ive been doing really bad in further and legal, i'm trying to aim for at least a 65 atar, and I've managed to turn around my results in unit 4 particulary with business archieving 80% on the second last sac that we did, and i still have one more sac for business to go, but I've been really bad in further and Legal and i'm abit worried that I wont be able to get a 65 atar

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:35:49 pm »
+3
Hey guys

Ive been doing really bad in further and legal, i'm trying to aim for at least a 65 atar, and I've managed to turn around my results in unit 4 particulary with business archieving 80% on the second last sac that we did, and i still have one more sac for business to go, but I've been really bad in further and Legal and i'm abit worried that I wont be able to get a 65 atar
Congrats on turning things around!  8) Don't forget that you've got exams which will carry the most weight in your marks. I wouldn't give up quite yet!
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread