Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 12:01:18 pm

Author Topic: Workload?  (Read 3847 times)  Share 

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +288
Workload?
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:04:37 pm »
Just wondering from anyone who's done a Uni subject before - how much work do you have to do every week for it?  I cope well with a high workload, but I don't want another ten hours tacked on to the end of every week.  :p
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
Re: Workload?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 08:06:32 pm »
1 hour before quizzes and 2 full days before the exams.

appianway

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 09:00:13 pm »
Is that what most people find or just you? :P

Hmm, hopefully the workload's not too excessive.

jerry

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 05:57:22 pm »
In my experience, its no more than a VCE subject.

chewybacca

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:32:30 pm »
Just wondering from anyone who's done a Uni subject before - how much work do you have to do every week for it?  I cope well with a high workload, but I don't want another ten hours tacked on to the end of every week.  :p

I have weekly set tutorial questions (depending on the questions, can take anywhere between 30mins to ~2-3hrs per week). Some subjects have extra reading tacked on (I know Econ. does...). That's excluding any weekly study/revision you might wish to undertake.

(Then again, you're intending to do philosophy, so it'd probably be more time spent on the subject per week...not sure)
VCE 2007: Accounting (46)
VCE 2008: Biology (41), Chemistry (45), English Language (44)
VCE 2009: Maths Methods (48), Spec. Maths (39), Physics (46), English (42)
2009 UMEP Accounting (H1 5.5)
2009 ENTER: 99.7

2010-2012: BCom (Acc/Fin) (UniMelb.)

avram_grant

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »
hey i did enhancement maths this year at monash. All i had to do was attend 1 hour tute a week, and do 3 assingments for the whole subject. I didnt read up or do any questions until a week before the exam, and got a HD, so really its not much workload. It can get annoying, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages

VeryCrazyEdu.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 08:59:03 pm »
I'm thinking of doing an enhancement as well (chem) and i know that it is a bit more work because of pracs etc. but can u really just cram for them before the exams?? haha and also- do u now around what time the exams were this year- especially in relation to other vce exams?? before? after? during?

tthhaannkkyyooouuu :D

mystikal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 09:00:18 pm »
1 hour before quizzes and 2 full days before the exams.
i second this

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:08:22 pm »
I'm thinking of doing an enhancement as well (chem) and i know that it is a bit more work because of pracs etc. but can u really just cram for them before the exams?? haha and also- do u now around what time the exams were this year- especially in relation to other vce exams?? before? after? during?

tthhaannkkyyooouuu :D

i went to the monash info. night and he (chem co-ordinater) said he pushed the exams so they are after our year 12 ones.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

VeryCrazyEdu.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:10 pm »
haha awesome except then ill probs bludge and not study :\ naw well two days of cramming sounds great haha i was there as well...just didnt bother to talk to him long enough to hear that..lol

what enhancement centre r u thinking of??

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:57 pm »
haha awesome except then ill probs bludge and not study :\ naw well two days of cramming sounds great haha i was there as well...just didnt bother to talk to him long enough to hear that..lol

what enhancement centre r u thinking of??

haha i stuck around for a little to hear some stuff:)
most likely hawthorn, but maybe monash. you?
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

VeryCrazyEdu.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:12:55 pm »
haha yeah the hawthorn one as well :) what school r u from? u dont have to say..haha i left after there was like a 100 parents way too close to me asking stupid questions like "will my son like it?" and "will it run?" some guy leaning over my shoulder kept deep breathing and coughing -_-

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 09:26:08 pm »
haha yeah the hawthorn one as well :) what school r u from? u dont have to say..haha i left after there was like a 100 parents way too close to me asking stupid questions like "will my son like it?" and "will it run?" some guy leaning over my shoulder kept deep breathing and coughing -_-

LOL, i know i heard all this questions, just waited patiently for the better ones>_>
i just messaged you btwwww

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 10:26:35 pm »
oh btw, does anyone know the term dates for the monash enhancement program?
i thought it was 12 weeks per semester, but someone told me it was the same length as school (so 16 weeks for first semester, ect)

avram_grant

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »
oh btw, does anyone know the term dates for the monash enhancement program?
i thought it was 12 weeks per semester, but someone told me it was the same length as school (so 16 weeks for first semester, ect)

Yeh i did enhancement maths this year; its in line with the scool's semester