Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 12:54:13 pm

Author Topic: DEALING WITH PEOPLE GOING THROUGH TERM TWO BLUES???  (Read 734 times)

dangquan091

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
DEALING WITH PEOPLE GOING THROUGH TERM TWO BLUES???
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:10:36 pm »
As we are getting into term two, a lot of the people around me have been getting really down and i have heard this being attributed to the 'Term Two Blues'... I'm trying to keep up my motivation and do well but having everyone around you being really negative and only wanting to complain about assessment tasks and things like the 'wording of the practice sac prompt' for english/lit is a massive annoyance :/ I don't want to cut my friends off, but i also just want to get on with my work and get the best scores that i can without being affected by their mood swings. Any tips or advice????

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: DEALING WITH PEOPLE GOING THROUGH TERM TWO BLUES???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:28:53 pm »
+1
I guess it would be the "term three blues" at this point.

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 07:46:38 pm »
Just try your best to remain positive, and if they're really getting to you, have a discussion with them. Maybe they just need to vent their emotions and then get over it  :P

No, but really, I think everyone's getting sick of this time of year. We just need to remind ourselves that there isn't long to go until the end of the year.

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:35:04 pm »
+1
Hey dangquan, welcome to ATARNotes!
You could check out this thread for some great advice on this exact matter (they have just about everything here, don't they? ;D).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:47:24 pm by SlowandSteady »
QCE Class of 2023 :D